XXX: If time ever gets restored

Not even a second had passed, but it was all in slow motion to Dazai. Your eyes speaking horror. Your blood splashing as the bullet went through your stomach. It was happening all over again.

Oda ...
and now you.

"No!!!" Dazai yelled as he ran up to hold you before you went for the fall.

He sat, his trembling arms gripping your small body. He placed his other hand on your cheek, trying to keep you awake until backup was on the way. "Kunikida-san, Yosano, please, come quickly," he called, ignoring Hina standing before him.

Dazai didn't hear anything in return, only what seemed like their struggle as they faught against the Jackals. Hina giggled, making Dazai's insides flare up.

"What's so funny to you, boss!?" Dazai spat, holding you closer to his chest. She smiled wide. "I'll tell you what's so entertaining, Dazai,"

"Ten years ago, being from the port mafia, it was just some mission to you,"

Port mafia? Dazai felt the drop in his stomach at the mention of such a dark time.

"Serpents, controlling one's actions without even touching them. Your boss thought it was a good addition to his collection, huh?" She continued, reviving Dazai of such a memory.

"When we refused to work with you, to never go against good, you killed the dearest person I had; my sister" she said, Dazai finally looked up at her face. her eyes,

"I remember you," words slipped through Dazai's mouth before he processed them.

"She was taking her last breaths in my mother's arms," she cleared out, the tremble in Dazai's eyes feeding to her revenge.

"Although Yn served me for quite a while now, her death is only necessary to make you suffer so I can finally get my vengeance," she said.

"You heartless beast," Dazai mumbled through gritted teeth. "You call me that when you've killed not one, but hundreds of innocent souls?" She spat.

Dazai didn't say anything in return, because she was right. He only looked back at you. Your eyes are struggling to look back at him. His eyebrows furrowed, eyes finally showing the pain he kept hidden.

He was not able to imagine his life without you. Picking you up might get both of you killed, and he couldn't do anything but keep pressure on your side until backup comes,

If it comes on time.

"Yn-san, hold on, help is on the way," he said, his voice breaking. He wanted to be your hero, to save you from your struggles, but deep down, he knew he was not good enough.

The imagery flashes back and forth to the memory he never wanted to revive; Oda dying in his hands. His breaths were becoming shallower; he never wanted to live it all over again.

However, this time,

You smiled, and lip synced the words...

manipulate .. you .. forget .. me

"I can't bring myself to forget you, yn," he said, tears were threatening to form in his eyes. He pulled your face closer to his. With both of your foreheads touching, He said the next words through his shaking voice with a small chuckle.

"We were supposed to commit suicide together,"

Your mind flashes to the day in the alley when he said he didn't want to commit double suicide with you, then your mind ran through all the times you had with him, with kenta, with your brother, making your tears form as freely as they could.

You didn't want to die yet, your new happiness stood where you least expected it,

Osamu.

Osamu.

Please, forget me, forget all the memories we had. live .. and love again.

you enchanted.

You finally understood the clone of Dazai you've seen in Ranpo's memory.

He was just an image that the jackals, Hina especially, implanted in your subconscious, your fears, doubts all hidden behind the face you thought was just a target. Now you understood.

You knew you would never be able to give him what he deserved, saying your last words in his warming arms is the best way you could have died in this cruel world. Of course, you couldn't forget him, but you never wanted him to suffer, not anymore.

Now that you enchanted those words, he wouldn't remember the months you spent together. He might remember you as another hostage that he wasn't able to save,

but not as the love he had found again after years of rejection to such feelings.

You were satisfied,

You were happy with your ending.
。。。

Dazai's Pov:

Her life, I felt it slipping away from my trembling bandaged arms. "Yn, hold on, help is on the way," I reassured her, trying to sound all strong and stable, when deep down, my inner 15 year-old self was begging for a miracle to happen.

I thought I got over it. I thought it wouldn't come back haunting me. I looked down at Yn's drowsy gaze.

That cursed memory flashing in front of my eyes, this is not happening, this is not how this should go, I thought, or maybe mumbled it. I didn't know if I was even gripping on reality anymore.

The bandages on my arms were soaked now, this can't be real, I told myself. I examined her expressions closely, I wanted to say all the things that I didn't tell her, cursing myself for playing around all the time I had when she was alive and well beside me.

I was tongue-tied. I didn't know where to start. I could feel the minutes ticking away. If yosano doesn't make it in time.. I thought, though it all disappeared when I saw her lips moving.

She smiled weakly, breaking all the anxious thoughts roaming in my head. However, she then lip synced words that dripped of poison.

"I can't bring myself to forget you, Yn," I said, refusing her suggested idea. I pulled her close, feeling her body's warmth for the first time, though I was afraid it would be the last...

With her forehead against mine, I couldn't resist my tears from forming anymore. I closed my eyes, feeling her weak, slow breaths against my face. "We were supposed to commit suicide together.." I mumbled. Only then I heard her shortness of breath; she was crying.

I love you, I want you to be there with me. I am selfish. Yes, I am selfish for asking you to live on after all that you have suffered.

It was all white.
She was not in my arms anymore.