Date Night Prep

Two days later, I stood in my hotel room with Holland and Crystal, trying to pick out a dress. "Ugh," I whined, "why do I not have anything cute?"

Crystal laughed. She gently pushed me out of the way and scavenged through my closet, flicking dresses and skirts aside. "Ah," she said, grabbing a light blue button down, "this is the one."

Holland squealed. "Oh, those are perfect for Black Out parties."

I raised my eyebrows. "Guys, shouldn't I wear a dress or something? I mean, this is my first date with Daniel."

Holland exchanged glances with Crystal. Crystal turned to me, cocking a hip. "You can't wear a dress..." She informed me.

I looked at her, puzzled. "Why not?"

"Because," she answered, turning back to the closet, "you take your top off and if you have a dress on, then you'll be in only underwear."

I gasped a little. "I'll be taking what off?"

Holland giggled. "You've really never been to a Black Out party before?"

I shook my head, my heart starting to pound. "We-we don't have many parties in Florida."

Holland and Crystal both stared at me. "Okay, well," Holland spoke up, "here in LA, they're very common."

"What happens is," Crystal continues, "the lights are out completely and painted glow lights are stuck to the walls and the ceiling. The whole room is flooded with colored lights, thus illuminating the room."

Holland finished for her. "But it's still pitch black darkness otherwise, so you wear a neon bra and a regular skirt or pants so you can take off your top. This way your date can paint you so you glow."

I just stared at them. Were they serious? I was keeping my top on, that was for sure. I barely knew Daniel; there was no way he was painting my body.

I just nodded so the girls didn't bug me any further and Holland threw a mini skirt at me.

Laughing at their enthusiasm, I walked into my bathroom and quickly pulled the outfit on. When I walked out, Holland whistles and Crystal nodded her head.

"Perfect," she said, clapping her hands.

"Now," Holland added, "bra time."

She rummaged through my drawers, while I stood awkwardly next to Crystal. Holland came up with my only neon bra, a bright obnoxious orange.

"Oh," Crystal said laughing," Daniel will absolutely love that."

I guess I looked as confused as I felt because Holland said, "Daniel's favorite color is orange."

As much as I knew about him, and as many crazy things those were, I ins Toni's the simplest question of all: his favorite color. Well, good thing I have Holland and Crystal.

Crystal pointed to the bathroom and I quickly changed, putting on the orange bra and then pulling my outfit back on. I walked out and they both smiled.

"You look great!" Holland exclaimed happily.

Crystal agreed. "Daniel's gonna love that outfit."

She looked a little upset, but she didn't let it show in her voice. I guessed she was a little jealous since her break up with Daniel, so I let it go and didn't say anything.

We left my hotel room and drove to pick up Dylan and Tyler.

Arriving at Dylan's beautiful house, the boys ran out the door, wearing khakis and un-tucked button down flannels. They hopped in the convertible, and Holland repositioned herself on Dylan's lap. I sat in between them and Tyler, feeling a little out of place.

But when Tyler pulled me onto his lap, my hair flying in his face, I grinned, feeling the wind whip through me.

My shirt flapped in the breeze, and I quickly through my hair in a only tail to avoid smacking Tyler in the face.

"You going with Daniel tonight?" Tyler screamed.

I nodded, "Yea!"

Holland, perched happily on Dylan's lap, made a kissy face. "You like him!"

"No duh, Sherlock!" Dylan yelled back. "If she's going on a date, she obviously likes him!"

Holland shrugged. "True."

And that was the end of that.

We arrived at Luminos and I frowned. "What are we doing here?"

"Remember Daniel showed you Derek's hide out from Season Three?"

I nodded again. "Yea..."

"Well, that's where the party is-the hideout."

Ohhhh. We all hopped out of Crystal's car and walked inside Luminos, flashing our ID. We made our way down to the wine cellar and then into the hideout.

Sliding the door open, we were engulfed by the brightly shining lights, the glowing paint, and the painted bodies dancing with each other.

I went in thinking that there was no way I was going to take my top off for Daniel to paint my body. And, little did I know, I was going to come out without my top at all.