Epilogue-Pt. 1

*One Year Later*

"I bet you they're cheating. Where does a person hide in a small neighborhood like this?" I asked, frustrated.

Muse laughed quietly. "Trust me, this town is a LOT bigger than it seems. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten lost," he whispered. "Now, shh, or you're gonna give us away."

We crouched behind the dumpster, back to back, watching down each side of the road.

After a few moments, Muse poked my ribs from behind. "Hey!" He whisper-shouted. "Tyler." I swiveled around and followed his pointed finger to see Tyler Posey, down the street, looking around cautiously as he ran through the dark in a crouched position.

"Let's get him."

"Wait," Muse grabbed my arm. "He's coming this way. Well jump him from either side when he comes past."

Muse sprinted across the street and dived behind a bush, disappearing from view. His blue eyes shine through the dark and he motioned for me to wait. He put up three fingers and as I watched Tyler come closer and closer, he put them down one at a time.

Three. Tyler came closer.

Two. Tyler stopped and looked around.

Tyler continued toward us.

One.

"Go!" Muse shouted and we launched ourselves into the street. Tyler, looking terrified, stood frozen to his spot. Muse got to him first and grabbed him. "Got ya! You're out!"

Tyler sweared and glared at us. "Who else have you gotten?"

"Just you, Holland and Crystal. We haven't even seen Dylan, Hoech, or Danny any-"

I was interrupted by shouts down the cross street to my right.

"No, no! Go back!"

I rounded on them to see Hoechlin and Dylan stumbling over each other to get away.

"Muse! Hoech and Dylan are going down Gardner!" I yell, grabbing his hand and pulling him toward Gardner.

"Wait! You and Tyler go down Sunrise and block them off from Fairview. I'll go down Parish Ave and meet you on Fairview. Well trap them."

I nodded and sprinted away, Tyler at my heels. We turned down Sunrise and screeched to a stop behind a bush on Fairview.

Posey slammed into my back and I groaned. "Sorry," he hissed in the dark night, steadying my shoulders.

I put a finger to my lips and squatted down, watching Hoechlin and Dylan make their way stealthily down Gardner.

In my peripheral, I saw Muse running down Parish at top speed.

He wasn't going to make it. Dylan and Hoechlin were moving too fast.

"C'mon, Sprayberry," I whispered to myself.

He seemed to pick up speed and he slides to a stop right across the street from me.

He winked and gave me a thumbs up, his chest heaving with deep breaths.

Dylan and Hoechlin crossed our paths and Muse, Tyler and I jumped out, pouncing on the two boys.

I tackled Dylan to the ground and he went sprawling on the grass.

Muse's small body was trying to take Hoechlin down, gabbing his arms. "You're out!" He yelped, grinning broadly.

Dylan slowly got to his feet and I smirked at him. "You may be really fast, but we outsmarted you."