Chapter 36

Imee and Kate drove back to their house so that Imee could treat Kate's bruise, when they arrived, they head directly to the dining area and ask for ice from the house workers.

"Aray..." Kate groans, that hurts.

"Sorry, I'll be more careful.." Imee whispers, she kissed her forehead and continues to treat Kate's bruise.

Meanwhile, Irene have just arrive at the house. Janella isn't with her, why? Because Janella chose to join her friends who she bumped in inside the mall.

She saw a glimpse of her daughter and her older sister in the dining room, Kate sitting on the chair while Imee is holding her arms gently. Irene smiled bitterly, she wants to take off her eyes from them but she can't.

"Mommy, are you okay?"

Irene was startle when someone suddenly talked, she immediately glance at where the voice was coming from. It's her panganay, Alfonso.

"Y-yes, I'll just rest in my room kuya.." Irene told him, she manage to give a faint smile. She glance back to the dining room, smiled bitterly as she proceed to go upstairs.

Alfonso on the other hand tries to think, what is her mom looking at and when he gaze at the dining room, there he found the answer. He was about to go when the door swung and reveal Janella.

"Bakit hindi kayo magkasama ni mommy? Diba nag-mall kayo?" Alfonso asked her that made her startle, Janella carefully walk towards him and gives him a cheek kiss.

"U-um, pinauna ko nalang po si mommy na umuwi. My friends and I hang out pa po kasi." Janella replied, Alfonso's eyes widened.

"What the! Ano? So you left her alone in the mall, Janella ano ba? You're aware na hindi mo dapat iniiwan si mommy doon, crowded place dun pano nalang kung may nangyaring masama sakanya? Tapos wala pa kayong guards na kasama because you insisted not to, Are you thinking?" Alfonso retorted, they're aware that Irene deal with depression way back because of the anti-marcos haters.

"Sorry kuya, I forgot.."

"Bullshit! I kept on repeating it, kanina bago kayo umalis I told you so!" Alfonso said firmly, his voice became loud that was able to be heard by Imee and Kate so the two women hurriedly went to the living room.

"Paano nalang kung nagkataon na nandun yung mga taong ayaw na ayaw saatin? Alam mong hindi pumapatol si mommy sa mga taong yun yet you still left her alone, inuna mo pang sumama sa mga kaibigan mo, you should've made my mom go with you kung iiwan mo rin naman pala doon!" Alfonso shouted at her, the lady stood up in silence while the two woman walk towards them.

"Alfonso that's enough, calm down.." Imee comforts him, Kate just stood up behind Janella, arms crossed enjoying the scene.

Imee caress Alfonso's arms, telling him to calm down as she leads their way to the couch, leaving Kate and Janella in that corner.

"Next time, don't ask her to go out kung hindi mo naman pala sasamahan the whole day, use your mind too hindi yung puro ka kuda." Kate whispered calmly as she walks out, heading to where Alfonso and Imee are.

Janella was left with annoyance, she wiped her tears and immediately went upstairs. Minutes passed, Irene is heading downstairs and saw Kate, Alfonso and Imee on the couch talking.

"What's going on?" Irene softly asked, looking at the three of them. Alfonso abruptly stood up to check on her mom.

"How are you ma? You didn't encounter any bad scene in the mall naman ba? Why didn't you call me, sana nasundan kita.." Alfonso bombarded her with questions, looking so worried.