Chapter 9 - Don't mess with her

Irene was cleaning her room, analyzing the papers if it's important or not. She opened the drawer beside her bed and saw a red little box, she took it off as she sat down and opens it.

It was her ring, she still keeps it kahit na alam niyang wala nang pag-asa para sa kanilang dalawa. She already accepted the fact that Greggy and her will not be going back in each other's arms again. She took off the ring from the box as she slowly puts it on her ring finger.

As she slowly puts the ring on her ring finger, she suddenly remembers their vows and promises to each other in front of God.

"In the name of God, I, Maria Victoria Irene Romualdez Marcos, take you, Gregorio Maria Araneta III, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until death do us part."

Forgive you in times that you need my forgiveness..

Understand you in times that you need my understanding..

Be right by your side forever and ever, This is my solemn vow.

She gaze at her finger, the ring still suits her well. She wonders if Greggy still uses it, she won't be surprise if he doesn't use it anymore because firstly, they're already annulled.

"Understand you.." She paused, "Sorry for promising you that, sorry if I wasn't able to fulfill that promise." Irene mumbles.

"Til' death do us part.. I guess promises are really meant to be broken, we fought so hard to make that relationship work, we loved each other yet we ended up to be with what we are now."

"Even if I don't say this so, I hope you knew how much I loved you and how much I still care for you, now.."

Irene didn't even notice her tears, Greggy is the love of her life, she was happy when they were still together, so happy. Her moment got interrupted when someone knocks on the door. She quickly compose herself, wiped her tears and puts the box back on the drawer, didn't able to realize that the ring was still on her ring finger.

She opened the door and saw Alfonso, "Anak, do you need something?" she asks.

"What are you doing mom?" Alfy asks.

"I was cleaning my room, why?" Irene replies.

Alfonso sees the hand of her mom, "Wait, am I seeing this right?" he uttered as he gently grab her mother's hand.

"This is your wedding band right?" Alfonso asks, still looking at the ring.

Irene was shock, she thought that she already put the ring inside the box.

"You still wear this, ma?" Alfonso asks softly.

"A-ah no, I saw this in my drawer while cleaning, I wondered if it still suits me so I tried it and yeah, its still." Irene said, nervously.

"It looks so good on you ma, do you miss daddy ba? The love is still there right?" Alfonso ask as he looks at his mother.

Irene's eyes widened when she heard what his son just asked, she knows that she can't deny something when it comes to Alfonso and Kate.

"Well of course, I still care for him. He took care and love me when he still has the chance." Irene answers, Alfonso smile and hugs her mother.

"I'm always here for you mom, I adore and look up to you for being strong after all the circumstances." Alfonso stated.

Irene smile, "You and your siblings are the reason why I keep going.." she uttered.

Kate Alliana

We are all here in Ilocos, since mother's day. I was told by my mamita to at least send a video greeting to my mother. Kuya Fonzy and Kuya Luis also pleads me to make a video even tita Imee and my other cousins so I have no choice but to do it.

I take so many times after I decided on which video I will be sending, it's just a short video for her. I think that was only 30 seconds more? I don't know, but I'm sure it didn't take 1 minute.

While I was video chatting with my brothers earlier before mothers day day, I saw a girl in their behind, I think she's younger than me. She is calling kuya Alfy, I was so irritated because she was shouting out loud, so I told kuya to just go and ask her what she needs, she even glared at me, what the hell did I just do to her?

Third Person

Day before mother's day video call..

"Who was that ba?" Kate ask kuya Luis while raising my brows.

"That was Janella, I think may pinapakisuyo lang kay kuya Alfy." He replied, he doesn't want Kate to think negative about Janella.

"Tss, can't she just do it on her own? Kailangan pa talagang may tumulong sakanya, weak!" Kate rants as she rolls her eyes.

"Pabayaan mo na, magkaka wrinkles ka sige." Luis said teasingly, she knows how maldita Kate is.

"I feel so irritated with her already, I still don't know her pero kumukulo na yung dugo ko sakanya, can't she see, we're obviously talking!" Kate said, so irritated. Luis just laugh on how Kate reacts, Kate doesn't want anyone to interrupt whenever they're having a call because it's just really anomalous for the three of them to have such time.

"Hindi kayo magkakasundo kung nandito ka promise!" Luis said, laughingly.

"Well, thank you dahil wala ako jan." Kate replied as she rolls her eyes again.

"She's bastos, she didn't even excuse, instead she really shouted to call kuya Alfonso. I pity her, what a disrespectful lady." Kate said impassively, she's not used to in witnessing a person with somekind of attitude like what Janella has. She was raised knowing how a real lady would act, how a classy & educated lady would talk, walk and react.

"Kate, enough na okay? She's okay, hindi lang natin kaugali." Luis told her sister, Kate just smirk.

"Of course, hindi talaga, never! I would never ever accept a family member with an attitude like hers, ew! Pang-skwater yung ugali niya." Kate said, still irritated.

"Kate Alliana Viktoria, tama na. That's too much. Mom won't be tolerating your words when she's the one your talking too." Luis said seriously which made Kate silent.

"Okay, sorry. Nakakainis lang talaga, she shouldn't try doing that in front of me because she would be really in deep trouble, she should not mess when I'm around." Kate warned as she sighs.

"Okay, I'm back." Alfonso exclaimed as soon as he sitdown.

"So, what did that lady made you do?" Kate mocks as she smirk.

"May ipinakuha lang, she can't reach daw e." Alfonso replied.

"That's her problem lang? Then kung makasigaw wakas? Ang laki-laki naman ng problema niya, daig pa yung problema ng isang bansa." Kate sarcastically uttered.

"Hey hey, tama na. You might cross the line." Alfonso told her sister, Luis was just laughing.

"Hay naku, I'll end this call na nga." Kate told them.

"Yung pinag-usapan natin ha, you promised already!" Alfonso reminds her sister.

"Oo nga, I'll send it mamaya agad!" Kate said as she waves her hand for a goodbye.

Alfonso and Luis wave their hands also as Kate ended the call.

"Maldita talaga yun." Luis said, laughing.

"Mana-mana lang! Mag-aabogado e." Alfonso justified.

Sorry for the wrong grammars and misspelled words.
Vote & Comment
x