☼ 22

; A L W A Y Syours by CONAN GRAY

; A L W A Y S
yours by CONAN GRAY

"Okay, you guys seeing this?", Dustin faintly yelled. They had all gathered in front of Nancy's bed. None of them were sure what they were supposed to be seeing. Dustin had suggested (yelled) that he could find a toy which they could use to communicate. He hadn't specified how.

They did in fact see the golden particles, lit up by Steve's flashlight.

Nancy put her hand in and smiled as they brightened due to her touch. They heard hysterical laughter, causing Matilda and Eddie to grin.

"We're not moving it, but we're gonna unplug it. Stand by!"

Suddenly, the particles lost a bit of their color. But they were still there, definitely there.

"Okay, try it now!"

Nancy hesitantly put her hand back in and slowly spelled:

H-I

"Hi! That worked!"

They all gasped in relief and Matilda pulled Eddie into an excited hug. He grinned widely and then leaned into the particles, yelling "hi" back.
"Okay, uhm... uhm...", Nancy mumbled, thinking about what to say next. She put her hand in again and started spelling.

S-T-U-C-K

"Uh, uh... You can't get back through Watergate?"

Nancy shot Steve a confused look.
"What the hell is Watergate?", he asked simultaneously. Robin rolled her eyes.
"Cause it's in water and it's a gate."
"Oh", Nancy scoffed.
"That's cute", Eddie remarked. Nancy mumbled a no and turned back to the particles.

G-U-A-R-D-E-D

"Okay, so... Water—... guarded... Uh, we think we have a theory that can help with that!" They all sighed in relief, even though they knew Dustin's theories were, more often than not, completely bonkers. "We think Watergate isn't the only gate. That there's a gate at every murder site!"

"Does anybody understand what he's talking about?", Nancy asked a little annoyed and the others shook their heads. She raised her hands nervously, trying to figure out what to answer. Matilda hesitantly put her hand forward.

?

"Okay. Seriously? How many times do I have to be right on the money before you guys trust me?", Dustin faintly hissed and Matilda scoffed had his audacity.

"Jesus Christ. This kid's gotta get his ego in check", Steve scolded quietly, seemingly not surprised by Dustin's sudden mood-swift.
"It's his tone, right?", Eddie immediately jumped in. Matilda grinned – they sounded like annoyed parents to her.