Chapter 15

A/N A lovely reader was amazing enough to make this family chart that follows the story. Thank you so much !

Rosie shifted on her feet nervously as she knocked on the flat door. She definitely felt better than she did earlier after talking to her pop and sister but they couldn't fully wash away her nerves.

The green eyed girl could barely let her thoughts catch up with her before the door swung open to reveal her boyfriend.

"Hey love," he offered her a small smile before pecking her lips and moving aside to let her in.

"Hey," Rosie grinned back at him as she kicked her shoes off.

"You okay?"

She definitely didn't think it would that obvious there was something on her mind, but apparently when she gets anxious it's just as clear as when Declan is.

"Uhm yeah, m'good," Rosie nodded, not wanting him to worry, "I uh, well I was actually wondering how you're doing."

Declan furrowed his eyebrows before shrugging and heading to the fridge for drinks, "I'm fine," he said nonchalantly, "work was good. Cody popped in and brought pizza for us."

"That was nice of him," Rosie felt a real smile come over her as she took the water the older lad passed her, "and how were your classes?"

And again Declan just shrugged, "good I guess," he said as he led her over to the couch and plopped himself down.

Rosie bit her lip as she sat next to him and tucked herself into his side. She was waiting for him to say something else, anything more on his day but he stayed quiet and sipped at his drink.

This wasn't the same, he wasn't, and it scared her to have to bring it up, but she knew she needed to.

"Hey, so uhm, I wanted to talk to you about something," Rosie shifted nervously on the couch.

The Irish lad kept his eyes on her for a second, his pulse speeding up ever so slightly as he saw how anxious she seemed, "what's wrong?"

Rosie felt like this wasn't good. They were both clearly uneasy but like her pop said the hard conversations are necessary sometimes, "nothings wrong, just something has been on my mind," she tried to meet his eyes but had a hard time.

She saw her boyfriend's face drop immediately and froze where he was.

"Did I do something wrong?" he barely said.

"Babe no," Rosie looked at him softly as she fully turned towards him and reached for his hand, "I'm not upset or mad Dec, I-... I'm worried," she said quietly, "you haven't been the same the past two weeks..."

"Well what do you mean?" the Irish lad asked quickly as he faced her.

Rosie could already tell he was growing increasingly nervous as the seconds passed, and she hated seeing it. But they needed to talk about this. She had to tell him what was on her mind without letting her own anxieties get in the way.

"You just... I can see little things are getting you worked up and you've been quiet," Rosie bit her lip as she looked at their hands, "are you feeling okay?"

Declan opened his mouth but had to stop himself, his shoulders slumping slightly, "I'm okay, I feel fine," he said just loud enough for her to hear.

"Fine but not good," Rosie squeezed his hand, wanting him to meet her eyes and when her boyfriend did she looked at him softly, "love have-... Have you been taking all of your medicines?"

Declan let out a small breath, his gaze shifting to his lap before shaking his head, "no, I've been off one," he said quietly, "but like I said, I'm fine. It's not a big deal."