Chapter 8

A/N This chapter has a few trigger points and mentions depression and suicidal thoughts. There will be trigger warnings and endings bolded.

Writing in Italics is sign language

"Where is he?"

He's on his way princess, calm down, Rosie rolled her eyes at her brother, he had to do some finishing touches.

"If he broke them he can just tell me," Cody mumbled as he sunk into his sister's couch.

"Don't mind him, he's been cranky since Declans had his hearing aids," TJ signed and said, making his boyfriend eye him.

"I'm nervous, can you blame me?" Cody huffed as he crossed his arms over his chest, "what if he makes them worse?"

Thanks for having confidence in him, Rosie signed as she slightly scowled at him.

"Rosie he's 20 and in his second year of uni. To be honest I'd be shocked if I put them on and don't immediately hear ringing."

The younger girl only eyed her brother more, but before she could say anything Declan came through the door excitedly.

"I figured out the problem!"

Even though Cody couldn't hear him he could see the Irish lad was more than happy as he walked right up to him and offered him his hearing aids.

"There was a problem?" he asked with furrowed eyebrows after TJ signed what he said for him.

"Put them on and I'll tell ya," Declan smiled at him.

Again TJ signed for him and Cody was quick to put them over his ears and turn them on.

Declan was almost bouncing where he was, only beginning when Cody gave him a thumbs up, "so I went over your medical chart and what exactly they used and needed to make your hearing aids. I noticed one of the wires in each of your hearing aids was too powerful which probably causes the tinnitus. But you can hear me fine, right?" he asked a bit nervously.

"Uhm, yeah," Cody said, trying not to seem shocked, "so did you replace the wire or something?"

"I replaced the wire with a thinner one and then added another less powerful one to give the same hearing capabilities without pushing too much power through at once," Declan smiled widely, relieved they were working.

Cody felt his jaw go slightly slack, not noticing a difference besides the ringing not being there. He would have to give it a few hours to see if it really worked, but it seemed that Declan actually fixed them.

"Are they okay babe?" TJ asked, the older lad just staring at Declan.

"Uhm, yeah," Cody looked at the Irish lad with furrowed eyebrows, "Rosie play some music, put it on loud," he said, really wanting to test them.

Rosie pulled out her phone, taking no time before connecting to the speaker in her living room and blasting the first song that came on.

It was loud, almost too loud, but Cody just sat there, his jaw slightly slack before he waved for his sister to turn it off.

"Are you okay?" Rosie signed and said nervously as soon as it was quiet, her brother just staring at her boyfriend.

"Do you want a job?"

Rosie and TJ looked at Cody wide eyed as Declan went still.

"You want him to work for you?" Rosie couldn't believe it.

"I'm a businessman and when I find talent I want it," Cody shrugged as he got up from the couch and raised his eyebrows at Declan, "what do you say? Paid internship with my mechanical engineers?"