Chapter 52

When Si Yue returned home, he was greeted with a huge riot in the living room. Wenwen was having a tantrum, howling with all his might on the floor. His chubby hands and feet were flailing around frantically like a chubby upturned tortoise. The child's high voice seemed to have a magical negative effect and penetrated straight into Si Yue's eardrums.

Fu Yunruo held her aching forehead, wondering where her son had learned this tantrum skill. She really didn't know whether to laugh or to get angry.

Wenwen howled incessantly. From time to time, he couldn't help taking a quick glance at his mother and letting out two lines of crocodile tears from the corner of his eyes.

Why hadn't Mom agreed yet? Rolling on the floor was very tiring, ah!

Si Yue watched the chubby little guy rolling around the floor, howling and squeaking like a little pig. He then squatted on the side and began to poke at the boy's short legs with a mischievous grin, "Turn over, little fat pig!"

Wenwen: "..." Feeling offended, he suddenly became angry, "You are fat!"

"It's baby fat! It will be gone once I grow up!"

"Yeah, yeah." Si Yue nodded perfunctorily and kept poking at the bouncy chubby legs.

Wenwen hummed. His small nostrils flared. Having been interrupted by Si Yue, he could no longer continue his tantrum. Wenwen jumped up from the floor and ran to Fu Yunruo, purposefully stepping on Si Yue's foot as he passed by. Once he was at his mother's side, the boy hugged her thighs and complained, "Mom, Uncle Yue bullied me!"

Si Yue raised an eyebrow. The foot stepped by Wenwen was not hurt at all, no more than a mere tickle. However, the little guy recently seemed to be more and more naughty towards him.

Si Yue said with a flat tone: "Little snitcher."

Wenwen snorted, "Humph!"

Si Yue: "..." Really like a pig.

Fu Yunruo squatted down and began to pat Wenwen's clothes, which had turned dirty after he rolled on the floor.

Wenwen looked at his mother puzzledly. Why didn't this method work? He saw what his friends usually did when they pestered their parents to buy candies or toys: by throwing themselves on the ground and howling like a spoiled children.

Since one method failed. Wenwen changed tactic by acting coquettishly: "Mom, say yes, okay~" The cute tender voice seemed to be sprinkled with extra doses of sugar — so sweet that Fu Yunruo felt her heart melt.

However, she must be firm, "No."

"Mom~ baby loves you the most~."

Fu Yunruo enjoyed her son's cute pleading, but she still refused to budge an inch, "No way."

Si Yue looked at the mother and son in confusion. He had just been out for a while — what did he miss?

Si Yue finally asked, "Wenwen is asking for what?"

Fu Yunruo briefly explained how Director Peng came with an offer to join the show. She then said helplessly, "He overheard our conversation and suddenly wants to participate in the show."

"..." Si Yue stared at the little guy who was still hugging his mother's thighs. The child was looking expectantly at him, sending a message through his eyes: We are good friends, right? Please speak for me!

"Filming a show is not the same as playing."

Wenwen angrily retorted: "I'm not going to play. I want to make money!" Uncle Yue was too tactless. Not only did he refuse to do this small favor, he even slandered him as a child who only knew to play!