Chapter 134 (End)

For about three or four months now, Wenwen had been receiving Si Yue’s mentorship, and he eventually understood what his father was trying to teach him—Si Yue had likely sensed his abnormal tendency toward malice and was trying to guide him onto the right path.

The Chi Wen in his previous life grew up without proper guidance from adults and developed his character through years of struggle. Wenwen, who had seen too much darkness in his previous life, knew he wasn’t a good person… After being reborn and growing up in a much more loving environment, his nature had changed a lot, but deep down, he still carried imprints from his past life. Whenever he saw the people who had wronged him in the previous life, he often couldn’t control his malice.

When Si Yue noticed this other side of his character, Wenwen was scared he would be disappointed and stop loving him. To his surprise, Si Yue devoted even more effort to teaching him, even though he wasn’t a good, ideal son.

Wenwen always felt that Si Yue’s affection was based on his being his son, not for who he was. However, from Si Yue’s actions, he felt a love as deep and sincere as his mother’s.

Is this what people mean by paternal love? They said a father’s love was like a mountain, and he perhaps understood it now.

With this thought in mind, Wenwen chuckled happily.

Hearing the crackling laughter, Fu Yunruo turned to look and smiled, “What is he dreaming about? He seems so happy.”

At that moment, Wenwen was resting on Si Yue’s shoulder, fast asleep. Fu Yunruo didn’t know what he was dreaming, but the boy was grinning in his sleep.

The weather was pleasant today. Taking advantage of the rare sunny winter day, Fu Yunruo and Si Yue took Wenwen for an outing. They had to disguise themselves, but that didn’t hinder Wenwen’s excitement. After playing crazily all day, he was exhausted by dinner time and quickly fell asleep afterward.

Si Yue carried the sleeping child with Fu Yunruo walking next to him. They strolled through the bustling crowd, like any ordinary family of three.

“Shall we head back?” Fu Yunruo suggested. Both of them had spent the day chasing after the hyperactive Wenwen. No matter how strong Si Yue was, he surely would be exhausted if he had to carry the child all the time, not to mention he had just recovered and shouldn’t carry heavy things for long periods.

Si Yue met Fu Yunruo’s concerned gaze and nodded. After calling for the car, they waited by the roadside, and soon a vehicle pulled up in front of them.

After securing Wenwen in the child’s seat, Fu Yunruo was about to get into the car when Si Yue caught her hand.

Puzzled, she looked back.

Si Yue smiled, “Let’s have the driver and bodyguard take the child home. It’s been a long time since we had a private time together.” Si Yue couldn’t help but sigh inside. This was one side of having children, especially young ones. As parents, it was hard for them to have their own time—their little lightbulb was too present.

Fu Yunruo paused briefly before agreeing. Though it seemed like a family outing today, numerous undercover bodyguards were present to ensure their protection. She felt comfortable leaving Wenwen in their care. Furthermore, as Si Yue said, it was indeed rare for them to have time together. Recognizing this, she decided it was essential to occasionally indulge her boyfriend.