Chapter 101

After the premiere, it didn’t take long for the audience to disperse. As people emerged from the venue, journalists, like sharks sensing blood, rushed forward, surrounding the film critics and shoving microphones in front of their lips.

“Mr. Jiang, what are your thoughts after watching the movie?”

“Do you find it disappointing, or is it surprisingly good?”

“Will this movie become a dark horse in the summer box office?”

“Are you optimistic about the future of domestic sci-fi?”

“Without going into further details, I’ll just say this: I’m looking forward to the movie’s release and plan to watch it again with my family.” The scenes of the thrilling plot were still replaying in Mr. Jiang’s mind, and he couldn’t wait to express his excitement through writing.

He had never been optimistic about domestic sci-fi films, even with big stars like Si Yue on board. He didn’t hold much hope because sci-fi movies had always been a weak point in China’s film industry.

He had originally thought that this would be the first movie of Si Yue’s that would fail, even if he had high hopes for the genius actor. But now he had to write his review truthfully because he had underestimated the movie.

The history of sci-fi films was about to be rewritten, and he was going to witness it firsthand.

Fu Yunruo and her group didn’t witness the lively scene outside. After the initial excitement, she decided to celebrate with Wenwen. While the mother and son were talking affectionately, she suddenly noticed a familiar figure in the crowd.

Seeing her surprised, Si Yue, who seemed to have known in advance, said in a low voice, “Chairman Fu is also here for the premiere.” Someone had informed him of this before the event, but he didn’t tell Fu Yunruo to avoid affecting her mood.

Fu Zonghong noticed them and knew they had spotted him. He walked over with a stern face.

Fu Yunruo didn’t want their private affairs to be the subject of public attention. Under Si Yue’s arrangement, they went to an empty lounge.

“Why are you here?” Fu Yunruo looked at Fu Zonghong and his assistant, her expression indifferent. Thanks to his appearance, her excited joy was dampened.

Fu Zonghong snorted, “Do I need to report my whereabouts to you?”

Fu Yunruo didn’t want to argue with him, so she furrowed her brows and remained silent.

Fu Zonghong looked at Wenwen and tried to force a kind smile, “Wenwen, Grandpa watched the movie you starred in, and it was fantastic, very amazing!”

Wenwen looked up at Fu Zonghong, grabbed Fu Yunruo’s hand, hesitated for a moment, and then said a quiet “thank you.” He then pretended to be shy and hid behind his mother.

To Wenwen, Fu Zonghong was just a stranger with a blood relationship. His attitude toward this person was entirely based on Fu Yunruo’s standpoint. He knew that Fu Yunruo held a grudge against Fu Zonghong, and their relationship was hostile.

However, Fu Zonghong was still an elderly person regardless, so they could not be impolite.

Fu Yunruo noticed that Fu Zonghong looked somewhat humble. Her gaze swept over his temples, where she suddenly noticed a lot of white hair, and her heart felt a little sour.