Chapter 74

When Wenwen and Si Yue returned home, it was already dark, and Uncle Guo and Qian Shengnan were already home.

Where have you guys been? Seeing the two finally return, Fu Yunruo sighed in relief. When she saw that Wenwen hadnt come home after the sky turned dark, she was so worried that she forcibly got off the bed and waited in the living room downstairs. If Si Yue hadnt called, she would have gone out to find her son in person.

When Fu Yunruo learned that the car Uncle Guo and Shengnan rode had an accident, she was shocked. Fortunately, no one was hurt, but Si Yue, who replaced them to pick up Wenwen, took forever to return. She had even begun to worry that the two also had a car accident when they finally came home.

Mom! Wenwen ran over, Mom, I miss you!

Fu Yunruo caught the boy and pinched his rosy cheeks, What a sweet tongue, huh? Did you do something bad today?

No way! Wenwen said coquettishly, Its been forever since I last saw you, Mom, so I miss you so much!

Cough! Fu Yunruo was about to speak again, but her throat suddenly felt itchy and she coughed a few times. She was wearing a face mask for precaution, but when she coughed, she subconsciously turned her face away from her son.

Wenwen quickly stood on tiptoe and patted his mothers back in concern to make her feel better.

Si Yue went to pour a glass of water for Fu Yunruo. She took it with thanks, then turned her head sideways, pulled off her mask, and drank a few sips of water. The water moisturized her itchy throat and quickly subsided her cough.

Only then did Si Yue explain: Wenwen begged to buy a cake and refused to listen, so we have to make a detour.

In order not to expose the truth, Wenwen reluctantly accepted the false accusation, The cake is delicious

Huh? Fu Yunruo immediately turned to her son and asked sharply, How much did you eat? Children didnt know how to restrain themselves, so Fu Yunruo always strictly controlled Wenwens sugar intake to prevent tooth decay.

Occasionally, she could turn a blind eye when he ate a bit more once in a while, but she never allowed him to eat too much.

Dont worry, he only ate half a slice. Si Yue said. He then pointed to the box on the table and said to Uncle Guo and Qian Shengnan, We brought back some. Please help yourselves.

As for Fu Yunruo, she hadnt recovered yet and couldnt eat sweets, so Si Yue bought her a bowl of pear stewed in rock sugar to help with her cough.

Qian Shengnan might be quite a tomboy, but she actually had sweet teeth. After thanking Si Yue happily, she quickly reserved some of the cakes for an after-dinner dessert.

As for Uncle Guo, when he saw that everyone had come back, simply said, Lets start dinner. It was already eight — way past their usual dinner time.

Since Uncle Guo knew that Fu Yunruo was sick, he had been staying at the villa, leaving early and returning early every day. During the night, the garden was entrusted to the live-in staff. Fortunately, two more employees had been hired before Fu Yunruo fell sick, so her absence did not affect the gardens day-to-day operation.

But trouble arose in another place. In the past few days, several people claiming to be Fu Yunruos fans came to the garden and clamored to see her. Sick to their behavior, Uncle Guo simply avoided them. He also didnt believe these rude people to be Fu Yunruos real fans. More likely, they were here to rub on her popularity. Thankfully, Wei Wuguo was good at his job and drove all the troublemakers out while simultaneously preventing non-authorized people from accessing the private area of the garden.