Chapter 86

Wenwen’s reasoning was too logical, and even Fu Yunruo was almost convinced. She almost doubted whether she and Si Yue were really lying to the child so that they could get married.

“Wenwen, Mom knows you are a smart child. What Mom said is true, and besides, wouldn’t it be nice to have a father to love you?” Fu Yunruo patted her son’s head. The boy’s reaction caught her off guard. She originally expected that, given Wenwen’s admiration for Si Yue, he would accept the fact happily after the initial shock.

“What about you, Mom?” Wenwen looked up at Fu Yunruo.

“Don’t worry; he has no intention of breaking up us. We are still the same as before, and nothing will change.” Except that Wenwen would have another parent who cared about him.

“…” Wenwen buried his head in Fu Yunruo’s arms and fell silent.

“Wenwen?” Fu Yunruo called out, but received no reply. She ceased speaking and began to pat her son’s back in a rhythmic manner.

Wenwen closed his eyes, trying to ignore the complicated emotions brewing inside him.

How could he believe it? There was no way Si Yue was his biological father…

Wenwen wanted to find a flaw in his mother’s explanation, but his messed-up brain refused to cooperate. In the end, he couldn’t resist his body’s instinct and fell asleep before he knew it.

The next morning, Wenwen woke up dazedly. Still half-sleeping, he went to wash and get dressed with Fu Yunruo’s help.

As cold water splashed on his face, Wenwen couldn’t help but think in a daze. It seemed that he had a strange dream last night…

In the dream, Mom told him Uncle Yue was his biological father. How could it be? Did his inner desire suddenly manifest in the form of a dream?

In other words, he actually wished Uncle Yue to be his father?

Seeing that Wenwen was still staring in a daze, Fu Yunruo took his hand and walked to the dining room downstairs. They woke up early today and the kindergarten was not far away, so they had plenty of time to eat breakfast leisurely.

Fu Yunruo observed Wenwen’s expression and cautiously mentioned, “Wenwen, about the matter from last night…”

“…” Wenwen was suddenly startled awake. Wait, wasn’t it a dream last night?

In an instant, the delicious meat bun in his mouth suddenly felt tasteless.

However, in the spirit of not wasting food, he still finished everything.

After one night, Wenwen’s jammed brain started to work again, and he quickly found a suspicious point, “Mom, is there any evidence?”

“Evidence?” Fu Yunruo was stunned for a moment, “No…” She simply believed Si Yue’s explanation. Now that Wenwen had raised this question, she couldn’t help feeling doubtful — was she too quick to jump to a conclusion?

Suddenly, Fu Yunruo found herself too naive and simple. She trusted Si Yue’s character and believed he had no reason to fool her, but what if?