Chapter 107

Fu Yunruo, who wasn’t aware of the silent communication between Si Yue and the doctor, watched the doctor nervously and fearfully, afraid that he would say something she didn’t want to hear.

The doctor made a quiet “tsk,” inside before turning back to Fu Yunruo and explaining seriously, “He has two broken ribs, and both his hands are dislocated and strained. Fortunately, the injuries are not severe, and there is no danger to his life.” Otherwise, he wouldn’t be so calm and even consider making fun of his boss. Unfortunately, the once-in-lifetime opportunity to joke at this guy’s expense had to go to waste.

Tears welled up in Fu Yunruo’s eyes, falling drop by drop.

Si Yue said to her, “I’m fine, don’t worry.”

“Don’t cry; Wenwen needs you.”

Fu Yunruo wiped away her tears and looked at Wenwen in panic. Si Yue was right. Her son was scared now and needed her to be strong. Although there were no apparent wounds on his body, falling from a height surely had caused internal injuries.

“Mom…” Wenwen weakly called out, his face a bit pale. He was currently lying on a white bed, unable to move and looking small and pitiful.

“Mom’s here.” Fu Yunruo tightly held his small hand, and it took a while for his icy palm to warm up.

The ambulance stopped at the entrance of a hospital and entered through another side door, heading straight to the operating room.

Si Yue had suffered some internal injuries, but fortunately, the broken ribs hadn’t punctured any organs. Although he was uncomfortable and felt pain when he breathed deeply, it was bearable. Throughout this time, Si Yue had never lost consciousness. He didn’t let it show on his face and had been silently enduring the pain.

It wasn’t until he entered the operating room and received anesthesia that he felt some relief.

Wenwen was also whisked into the operating room, where he would undergo a comprehensive examination.

Fu Yunruo stayed outside alone, waiting for the two of them. She stood in the corridor, feeling a chill creeping up from the soles of her feet despite the hot day, making her hug herself tightly.

The corridor wasn’t crowded, with only a few medical staff occasionally passing by and a couple of patients in sight. When the patients saw her, they just glanced at her for a moment but didn’t approach or disturb her.

This private hospital was known for its high fees, skilled doctors, and strong privacy protection, so a lot of wealthy people used its service when they needed medical attention.

Fu Yunruo hadn’t encountered anyone on her way here, and she stood still in the corridor, with no one approaching. After a while, her sluggish brain began to work, and she began wondering how on earth the accident happened. Was there something wrong with the operator? She clearly didn’t feel any malice from him. Could it be that she had read him wrong?

She had been very careful when she had the operator re-check the wire-flying rig, requesting him to thoroughly inspect every part. With Wenwen’s small body, his weight would be far from enough to snap so many wires at once. Obviously, someone had maliciously tampered with them.

Fu Yunruo speculated the wires must have been tampered with during the time she was away. Even if the culprit was not the operator, he must know who was suspicious.