Chapter 69

As soon as Wenwen told Si Yue that, he regretted it a bit. Still, he wasn't lying. He had now grown up and was no longer as insecure as his past self. His mother loved him so much, and he knew she would never let him feel abandoned just because she had a new family.

Furthermore, he could see that Uncle Lin was mature, dependable, and surely knew how to pamper his mother. Although he still preferred to have his mother all for himself, he also hoped she could have someone she could depend on.

Still, understanding rationally didn't mean that Wenwen felt nothing about his mother having a lover and building a new family. Just imagining his mother might have another baby in the future made him feel depressed endlessly.

Wenwen twisted his chubby body, asking to be put down. After Si Yue let him go, the boy immediately dashed forward, plunging himself between his mother and Lin Ji.

Wenwen took Fu Yunruo's hand, "Mom!"

Lin Ji patted Wenwen's head and smiled softly. He didn't feel that Wenwen was interrupting them. Instead, he was happy that the boy was willing to get close to him.

Si Yue strode with his long legs and quickly settled himself next to Fu Yunruo. "How is Wenwen in kindergarten? Has he been used to it?"

Fu Yunruo nodded, "Fortunately. Everything is good so far."

"Glad to hear that. This kindergarten boasted an excellent evaluation in our circle. Wenwen can learn many things beyond academic study."

This Fu Yunruo could tell. Although the tuition was expensive, most of the students came from wealthy families. The parents of such children were normally very picky, so for the kindergarten to be so popular was proof of its outstanding quality.

"I know that kindergarten. The daughter of my sister also studied there." Lin Ji suddenly interjected very naturally.

"What a coincidence..."

The walk home didn't feel long with a company to chat with. After saying goodbye to the two men, Fu Yunruo and Wenwen entered their home. After playing hard in the playground, the little guy was full of sweat, so Fu Yunruo took him to the bathroom and used a basin of hot water to wipe his face, hands, and back before changing him into pajamas.

Wenwen was sleeping alone now. Two days after moving to the new house, he declared that he had grown up and could no longer sleep with his mother, so he asked to sleep alone in his new room.

Fu Yunruo took Wenwen back to his room and cuddled him to sleep.

Wenwen was lying on the bed. Looking at his mother, he called softly, "Mom..."

"Yes?"

Wenwen actually wanted to ask: Mom, do you like Uncle Lin? Will you marry him?... but in the end, no words came out, and he closed his eyes silently.

Fu Yunruo softly patted him. She somehow felt that the little guy seemed to have something in mind, but seeing that he closed his eyes and fell asleep, she decided not to disturb his rest.

Fu Yunruo slowly got up, careful not to awaken her son. She then turned off the light, leaving only a small night lamp by the bedside, before leaving the room silently.

...

After the first day, Wenwen dutifully went to kindergarten every day and no longer clamored to quit school or skip grades. As days passed, he found that kindergarten was quite interesting on its own — there were many things to learn and a lot of friends to play with. He also had lots of friends in Shanghe Village, but unlike there, the playtime in kindergarten was more structured and had elements of learning.