Chapter 121

The next day, under Wenwen’s eager anticipation, the time to depart finally arrived. The little guy could not contain his excitement and had been pacing back and forth in the living room.

Fu Yunruo first asked Uncle Guo if he wanted to join the trip, but he decided to stay back, considering he hadn’t tended to his beloved flowers for a while. With Wenwen and Si Yue safe, he felt relieved and preferred to spend his time with his orchids.

As for Yuan Xin and Tiantian, they had no time. With Wenwen’s rising fame and Si Yue’s ongoing popularity, Yuan Xin was swamped with work, which gave him both satisfaction and pain. Similarly, Fu Yunruo’s fame, reignited by her association with Wenwen and Si Yue, kept Tiantian and her studio staff extremely busy.

In the end, only Fu Yunruo, Wenwen, and Si Yue were set to go.

“Mom, are you ready yet?” Wenwen asked impatiently from time to time.

Although Si Yue had said there was no need to bring anything, Fu Yunruo still packed some personal clothes and items she thought would be necessary. She thought she was only packing a little, but it still ended up filling two large suitcases. She wanted to lighten the load, but couldn’t decide what to remove, feeling everything was necessary. Eventually, she decided not to reduce anything.

Just before leaving, Si Yue suddenly asked Fu Yunruo, “Chairman Fu wants to meet you. Would you like to see him?”

Fu Zonghong, with his connections and social circle, could certainly find out where they lived and had reached out for a meeting. Si Yue knew Fu Yunruo was always reluctant to deal with people like Chang Zhuyou, Fang Wanping, and Fang Xueruo, so he directly refused them. However, Chairman Fu was a different case, so Si Yue didn’t make a decision without consulting Fu Yunruo first.

They were going abroad for at least half a month, maybe even longer, so Si Yue suggested meeting Fu Zonghong right away if Fu Yunruo was willing. If not, they could simply avoid him.

“No…” Fu Yunruo’s first reaction was to refuse, but then she remembered that since Fang Xueruo’s arrest, Fu Zonghong hadn’t tried to help, and had even divorced Fang Wanping. She wasn’t sure if his decision to divorce was related to her. After all, in her perception, Fang Wanping and her daughter held a more important place in his heart than ‘Fu Yunruo.’

“Alright, let’s meet him.” After hesitating, Fu Yunruo changed her mind.

So, Si Yue prepared to take Fu Yunruo to the meeting.

Wenwen, who had overheard the conversation, quickly interjected, “I want to go too!”

Fu Yunruo gently patted his head, “Wenwen, can you stay here and watch our luggage for Mom?”

Wenwen, clearly displeased, insisted, “I’ll take you, and Uncle Si Yue can stay home to watch the luggage.” Saying so, he ran up and grabbed Fu Yunruo’s hand, determined to accompany her.

Si Yue: “…” The little rascal was becoming less and less cute.

Unable to resist Wenwen’s cute plea, Fu Yunruo eventually agreed to take him along. However, before arriving at the meeting place, she told the boy to stay with Si Yue at a different location, planning to meet alone.

They arranged to meet in a summer pavilion not far from the villa. Just one day had passed, but Fu Zonghong seemed to have aged significantly, his old age evident with more wrinkles on his face and more white hair. When he saw Fu Yunruo approaching, he opened his mouth but was at a loss for words. For the past 20 years, their father-daughter relationship had always been the worst, often resulting in shouting matches whenever they met. Now, facing each other, they found themselves in an awkward silence.