Chapter 102

“Don’t mind her. She is nothing.” Chang Zhuyou was delighted with Fang Xueruo’s little tantrum. In his eyes, her attitude showed that she cared for him and liked him.

“She’s just a secretary. Her father is one of the company’s shareholders. If you don’t like her, you can have her transferred to another position and avoid seeing her,” In the past, Chang Zhuyou would have no qualms about not giving face to anyone and would have directly ordered the secretary to leave. But recently, Chang Group’s stocks plummeted, their investments failed, and they suffered heavy losses. He had to appease those shareholders, and so he couldn’t just dismiss people at will.

Chang Zhuyou held Fang Xueruo’s hand, walked over to the leather chair behind the office desk, and put her down.

When Fang Xueruo heard that Chang Zhuyou would only transfer the secretary rather than dismiss her, her eyes darkened slightly. As she sat down on the chair, she looked down and saw the cup of steaming coffee placed on the desk.

She immediately figured out that it was left behind by the woman who had provoked her just now.

Seeing Fang Xueruo’s gaze on the coffee, Chang Zhuyou hurriedly touched the cup’s rim with his fingers and then handed it to her, “Have some coffee. It’s the perfect temperature.”

Fang Xueruo took the cup from his hand, took a sip, and put it down, saying, “It’s too bitter.”

Chang Zhuyou indulgently said, “Let me brew you a cup.” He then took the coffee and went to the pantry to personally brew a cup of coffee for Fang Xueruo. He knew her favorite coffee flavor by heart and had practiced it countless times.

Along the way, many people saw this but didn’t dare to speak in front of Chang Zhuyou. After he finished brewing the coffee and returned to the office, they whispered among themselves.

“Mr. Chang is really good to Miss Fang,” someone said enviously.

“Yes, he even personally brewed coffee for Miss Fang…”

“Mr. Chang is so doting! Miss Fang is really lucky…”

“Miss Fang came to visit Mr. Chang. They are so loving…”

Suddenly, someone blurted out, “Even if they’re loving, they’re still a scumbag and a slut, right?”

The chatter stopped abruptly, and they looked at each other, no one dared to investigate who the bold one was. They fell silent and dispersed awkwardly.

Chang Zhuyou had no idea about what happened outside the office, nor did he care. He only had Fang Xueruo on his mind. He handed the coffee to her, “Try it. I brewed it for you.”

Fang Xueruo’s lips curved with a smile, “Brother Chang, the coffee you brewed suits my taste the best.”

Chang Zhuyou said proudly, “Of course.”

“Xue’er, why did you come over? Is there something you need?” Chang Zhuyou looked at Fang Xueruo with tender affection.

Fang Xueruo looked back at him. Her beautiful eyes shone like a tranquil spring, but her tone was chilly, “Do I have to have a reason for a visit?”

“Of course not, I’m happy that you came to see me.” Chang Zhuyou held Fang Xueruo’s hand lovingly, “I wish you could come every day.”