Chapter 67

Fu Yunruo realized that Qian Shengnan's figure was nowhere to be seen. "Shall we look for them?" She squinted her eyes and tried to find the familiar figures, but she couldn't see Tiantian and the others with so many people around.

Fu Yunruo was about to chase after them, but a hand suddenly caught her wrist.

She turned around and looked doubtfully.

Si Yue said to her, "Let's wait here. They will come back after buying the candies anyway. I'm afraid we will miss each other if we go after them."

Hearing this, Fu Yunruo thought it made sense. Tiantian and Wenwen were going for the candied fruit seller. They didn't go far, and should be coming back soon. So Fu Yunruo and Si Yue moved to the sidewalk where there were fewer people and found a place that was easy to be seen. It was at this time Fu Yunruo realized that Si Yue had been holding her wrist all this time. Startled, she tried to retract her hand. Fortunately, Si Yue immediately let her go, so she quickly stepped back.

The wrist that had been in Si Yue's hand until a few seconds ago felt so burningly hot. Fu Yunruo subconsciously shook her hand several times, trying to distract herself from the awkward feeling.

Glancing from the side, Si Yue said in an affirmative tone, "You are avoiding me."

"N-no." Fu Yunruo avoided Si Yue's gaze and tried to speak without showing a guilty conscience, "We are friends, no? Why do I avoid you without reason?"

"Really?" Si Yue raised his eyebrows.

"Really!"

"Your flower garden will open in ten days, right? Do I have the honor to attend the opening ceremony?"

"Of course." Fu Yunruo nodded, "But you have to disguise yourself." According to his current appearance, Si Yue should be okay. There must be passersby on the opening day, and Fu Yunruo didn't want to cause a sensation because of a famous actor's appearance. Although this could double as a free advertisement, Si Yue's face value was too potent for her small, fledging business.

Si Yue lightly patted Fu Yunruo's head, "You dislike my face?"

Fu Yunruo quickly turned her head away, "Don't touch. The hat will fall down."

Si Yue chuckled.

Fu Yunruo gave him a suspicious look. The vague possibility she previously had instantly turned into a seventy percent certainty. Seeing Si Yue's reaction... he should really be interested in her, no?

Should she test him first?

"Mom!" A crisp voice suddenly rang. Fu Yunruo looked back, and saw a small figure rushing to her, complaining, "Where have you been? I couldn't find you!"

Fu Yunruo pinched the boy's chubby cheek lovingly, "You dare to say that? Who was the little boy who left his mother behind and ran away for candied fruits?"

Wenwen blinked, feeling a bit guilty, "I wanted to buy them for you, Mom."

The peddler who sold candied fruits didn't have a fixed stall and went with the crowd, so it took them some time to finally track him down.

"Where are the candied fruits?" Fu Yunruo looked at the empty chubby hands.

Wenwen looked back and spotted Tiantian, who had also emerged from the crowd. He trotted to get two red candied fruits from her hands, then ran back to his mother, "For Mom!"

Fu Yunruo took one: "Thank you, Wenwen."

Si Yue asked, "Where's mine?"

Wenwen looked up in surprise. He hesitated for a moment, but finally gave Si Yue the remaining candied fruit in his hand, "For Uncle Yue!"