Chapter 131

Seeing Wenwen’s gloomy mood, Fu Yunruo changed the subject. “The New Year is coming. How are we planning to celebrate?”

This year would be their first New Year since leaving the village, and Fu Yunruo had initially planned to take Wenwen back for the festivities. However, the village was currently undergoing significant changes due to the large-scale development project. With a deep-pocketed investor and government support, the progress went very vast, transforming what was formerly a remote village into a rural villa community.

With the village in the midst of a major overhaul and construction going everywhere, it would be inconvenient to celebrate the New Year there. Therefore, Uncle Mei and Aunt Mei suggested Fu Yunruo and Wenwen stay away until the construction is completed.

Uncle Guo also had no plans to return, so they decided to celebrate the New Year together in Beijing.

As soon as Wenwen heard the word ‘New Year,’ his eyes lit up. He loved the New Year the most and felt a mix of excitement and nostalgia. In the past, he enjoyed visiting house to house in the village with other children, collecting red envelopes and snacks, so he was disappointed when he heard they wouldn’t return this year.

More than anything, he was worried about his friends back in the village. Being children themselves, they surely almost forgot about him by now… who remembered their childhood friends anyway? Normal children had playful and forgetful natures, unlike him…sigh.

However, being with his mother made any place special!

Plus, this year there was a new family member!

Wenwen glanced at Si Yue, who suggested: “Let’s celebrate the New Year at home.” His own family maintained traditional Spring Festival customs and his parents had privately expressed a wish for Fu Yunruo and Wenwen to join them so they could formally introduce the two to the extended family.

However, Si Yue declined. He understood Ruoruo’s temperament well. He must never be impatient, taking it step by step, as rushing things could lead to her discomfort. This year, Ruoruo had just met his parents and accepted them, which was progress enough. Pushing for a family visit now might be counterproductive. He believed that once Ruoruo agreed to marry him, and she became the official lady of the house, it would be the right time to meet the rest of the family.

Fu Yunruo, touched by Si Yue’s understanding, felt a bit embarrassed but knew better than to suggest he take Wenwen to visit his grandparents for the New Year. Instead, she proposed, “If Uncle and Aunt Yun are available, they could join us for the New Year’s celebration.”

Si Yue smiled, “They would be delighted.”

While they had agreed on their plans, there was still some time left before the New Year started, and Fu Yunruo was quite busy. Her career might not be as prominent as Si Yue’s or even Wenwen’s, but she had been steadily progressing. This year she had made a significant amount, recently paying off her loan in full. Now, her assistant Tiantian was busy planning how to expand and improve the studio.

Everything was going well and heading in a positive direction. Since this was their first New Year in Beijing, Fu Yunruo wanted to make the occasion a lively and memorable one and encouraged Wenwen to plan how they would celebrate.

Suddenly filled with enthusiasm, Wenwen diligently wrote down plans every day, adding new ideas to his notebook whenever something came to mind, determined to make the most of the festivities.