Chapter 120

With the case concluded, a heavy burden finally left Fu Yunruo. Feeling much lighter, her entire demeanor cheered up and her smiles were brighter than ever. Many friends and relatives who were also following the case sent their regards, which she responded to one by one. However, there were also many teasing her about keeping her relationship secret, asking when she was going to invite them for a wedding celebration.

Fu Yunruo was puzzled. What wedding celebration? She was still single! She opened the social media platform and immediately saw the top trending topic.

??? What’s going on?!

Her and Mr. Yue? Did they hold hands when they came out? Why didn’t she remember?

Fu Yunruo recalled that Si Yue had held her hand while they were seated in the courtroom. Perhaps she got so used to it that she didn’t realize they were still holding hands?

She quickly scrolled through a few comments under the hashtag, feeling flustered. She then quickly contacted Tiantian, asking her to get the trending topic removed, but Tiantian replied that it had exploded in popularity and couldn’t be suppressed.

Indeed, in his more than a decade career as an actor, Si Yue had never been involved in any scandals. This was the first time he was openly linked with a woman, so it was just natural that the excited fans were growing in numbers. Before Fu Yunruo found out about it, the servers of two major social platforms had crashed twice.

She was able to access the site just now because the programmers had just resurrected the server, but within three minutes, it crashed again. The server crashing three times in a mere two hours was unprecedented. Given the popularity of the related parties, it was likely to crash a few more times. This level of fervor was only possible with Si Yue’s level of popularity, and, of course, Fu Yunruo also contributed significantly to the heat.

Seeing that the webpage soon became inaccessible, Fu Yunruo breathed a sigh of relief. However, she expected the overwhelming reaction once the server was back up and thought it would be best for Si Yue to help lower the heat as soon as possible. However she felt awkward discussing this in front of Wenwen, so she decided to message Si Yue instead.

[I heard you never get involved in scandals with women. This trending topic might not be good for you, right?]

[Should your team take it down quickly?]

Si Yue saw the notification and looked at his phone, his long fingers tapping a quick response.

[I never get involved in scandals with anyone.]

Before Fu Yunruo could feel relieved, she saw his next message—

[Except with you.]

Fu Yunruo gasped and looked up at Si Yue.

Si Yue was also looking at her, smiling, “Besides, this isn’t really a…” It’s not a scandal.

He started to lean in towards her, but before he could even tilt his angle, a chubby little body squeezed between them, forming an insurmountable barrier.

Wenwen, who had just been pacified by his mother’s gentle coaxing, became unhappy again upon seeing them messaging each other. What were they discussing behind his back? And what couldn’t he hear? Before Wenwen could peek, he saw Si Yue’s move and immediately wedged himself between them, pushing Si Yue away and glaring at him. What was this sudden closeness all about?