9

JUNGKOOK POV

Jungkook's first few days of married life were a weird mash of loneliness and awkwardness.

He spent most of his time in his bedroom, packing his belongings away and carefully hiding those few things that he didn't want anyone to know he had, like his notes and sketches, Bam's clock work toy,and the handful of small gadgets he'd created over the years.

He took most of his meals in his parlor, though he went to the main hall for dinner, hoping it might be a good way to get to know his new family.

More often than not, his husband and brothers-in-law weren't even there.

The omega members of the family were almost always in attendance but he found them cliquey. Really cliquey.

His few attempts to engage them in conversation were met with a cold wall of politeness.

Of the rest of the family, Ari was the only one who didn't seem to realize she was supposed to be excluding him.

It was she who took the time to explain the words peculiar to Got7's language and some of the customs he was unfamiliar with.

Though he suspected it was more that she liked to talk and had run out of willing listeners.

All in all, by the time three days had passed, he was fighting the desire to stay in his rooms and never come out.

He hadn't seen hide nor hair of Jimin since their wedding night, and other than Ari talking his ear off and the occasional chat with a servant, he spent his days alone.

Except for bam, of course.

The cat was his constant companion and his saving grace, staving off the loneliness.

But bam wasn't too happy with the new accommodations and his lack of freedom a fact.

He'd started to make known by turning his nose up at any food brought to him and giving him the cold shoulder whenever he tried to play with him.

It came to a head when he stepped out of the bathroom one morning to find bam doing his best to shred the curtains.

"bam, no!"

He hurried over to shoo the cat away, wincing as he took in the damage done to the heavy drapes.

"So much for making a good impression."

Bam turned baleful eyes on him.

"Okay, okay. You've been cooped up long enough."

"If they were going to throw you out, I'm sure they'd have said something by now."

If the servants had been surprised to discover bam, they were hiding it well.

He had half-expected someone official to arrive to discuss the breach in protocol or Jungkook's flagrant disregard of Jimin's instructions.

But it had been three days, and not a word had been said.

The only changes were the arrival of a litter box and that twice a day, food arrived for both him and bam.

"How about a walk?" A glance out the window showed him that it wasn't raining for once.

Bam really needed to stretch his legs unless he was willing to sacrifice all the soft furnishings to his claws.

After wearing the warmest jacket he owned, he went to the door, peeking out to make sure no one was around.

It was breakfast time, which meant the halls would be quieter.