20

JIMIN POV

"What was all that about?" Tae asked him as they made their way outside.

"All what?" Jimin said.

"You refusing to let him come to the ceremony tonight."

" He wanted to go, you could see it on his face."

"I pulled him off the side of a cliff the other day. I'd rather not have him freeze to death or wander off in the dark."

Tae raised an eyebrow. "Brother, you are not that convincing a liar, This is about the whole shifter thing, isn't it?"

Jimin did not want to get into it with his brother, though Tae was right, as usual.

"I haven't had a chance to talk to him about it. Things between us are strained enough as it is. He.."

"He knows you're a shifter, jimin You're an alpha, what else would you be?"

"Knowing it and seeing it are two different things."

"Yeah, well, he'd better get used to it soon. I've got a yen to go racing through the castle halls on four paws one of these days."

"Don't want him pitching a faint when he catches sight of me."

"Besides, do you really think he's that fragile that he'll go all weak-kneed at the sight of a shifter?"

"He must have a thick skin to have survived a month in this place."

"Tae is right," Yoongi said.

"Tip toeing around him isn't doing you any favors."

"Especially if you want to move past the whole banishing him to the north wing thing."

"I didn't banish him anywhere," Jimin retorted hotly, tugging his hood over his head as the rain pelted down on them.

"Yeah, you keep telling yourself that," Yoongi said with a huff.

* * *

Breakfast the next morning was a strained affair, Jungkook saying little and Jimin concerned about being late for the start of the festival.

He was still tired after shifting the night before and sore in a way he shouldn't have been.

Too little sleep, too much time spent running around after pirates.

"What did your brother mean last night?"

"Hmm?" He glanced up from his breakfast to find Jungkook watching him pensively.

"Last night. When you said that there wasn't a question about my status, Tae said not now."

"What did he mean by that?"

Jimin wanted to groan.

He could have killed his brother.

"He didn't mean anything."

"Then why say it?"

Jungkook's tone was sharp.

He wasn't going to let this slide.

Jimin searched around for a way to explain it that wouldn't seem insulting or paranoid.

"When you first arrived, we were not sure if you were who you said you were."

"We were concerned your intentions weren't honest."

"Wasn't who I...?"

"Who did you think I was? What intentions did you think I had?"