45

JUNGKOOK POV

Jimin was deemed out of danger once his fever broke but he was far from recovered.

His divided his time between maintaining the shield machine and sitting by the alpha's side as Jimin faded in and out of sleep.

The few moments jimin was actually awake were usually a frustrating repetition of what they'd already discussed, the alpha's tired mind unable to commit it to memory.

Ari brought them food a few times a day, keeping disruption to a minimum.

But as the days passed, he found it harder and harder to keep anything down.

He stuck to the plainest stuff he could get his hands on bread, potatoes, broth but nothing helped settle his stomach.

By a stroke of bad luck, the doctor arrived just as he was losing his breakfast in the bathroom for the fourth day in a row.

When he stepped back into the bedroom, the doctor raised an eyebrow.

"Sit down, let me take a look at you."

"I'm fine."

"You're sickening for something, and When was the last time you had some proper rest?"

"There's too much to do..."

At the doctor's insistence, he perched in a chair, letting the man take his pulse and murmur an incantation under his breath.

"Once I've had some sleep, I'm sure I'll be fine. You have other people who need your attention."

There were plenty of wounded among the guards who'd held back the armada.

"True," the doctor said, his gruff manner almost reassuring.

"But you are the only person who can keep that shield up."

"We need you."

Jungkook gave in and submitted to the doctor's examination.

"Well, what's the verdict?" he asked as the doctor packed his bag again. "Will I live?"

"Undoubtedly. I prescribe rest, plain food, and plenty of liquids."

"Some ginger tea should do the trick."

"Ginger tea? Why? What's wrong with me?"

"Nothing's wrong with you, my Prince."

"You may well be carrying the future king."

Jungkook, halfway to his feet, sat down heavily. "I'm expecting?"

"Congratulations. I'm sure Prince Jimin will be very happy when he wakes."

Still shocked by the news, he stuck to their normal routine and asked the doctor the same question he asked every morning.

"And he's well today?"

"You know he is. His wounds are healing, his strength returns."

"He'll be back by your side soon enough."

"Then I'll stay by his until he's ready." At the doctor's stern look, he added, "With plenty of rest and sustenance, I promise."

"Good. It's not just you that you're looking after anymore. You must think of your child."

The doctor departed, and he stayed sitting, trying to get his head around the news.

He was happy.

At least, he thought he was.

A baby was good news, especially in a marriage like theirs. Everyone would think so.

Everyone in Got7, anyway.