29

JUNGKOOK POV

Jungkook spent the morning brainstorming with Jimin.

He thought he'd be irritated by Jimin's presence or his questions, but he found it useful to have the insight of a warrior.

What he was creating were, for all intents and purposes, weapons.

And if there was one thing Jimin seemed to know, it was weaponry.

"Couldn't you cover the whole weapon in a layer of silver?" the alpha asked while they were in the middle of a discussion about the best form a weapon might take.

"I mean, the active part of the weapon doesn't have to be the size of a coin, does it?"

"Having every part of the weapon effective against spelled materials would be far more practical than just one tiny piece of it."

"Sure," jungkook agreed readily, picking up the fist-sized piece of celestial silver.

"But then you have to decide."

"Do you want one, maybe two, really good weapons that work no matter what way you swing them? Or two dozen that work if you wield them correctly?"

"You're saying you can make a weapon like that?"

"I could make a weapon formed entirely of celestial silver if I had enough of it But sure, with this amount, I could make one fully coated hammer and maybe one of the smaller axes."

"But it seems wasteful to use it like that when I could make a dozen hammers and a dozen axes."

He assumed that Jimin would agree, preferring quantity over quality but the alpha was already shaking his head.

"Okay, new plan. Make the best weapon you can using as much of the silver as you need to."

"But Jimin..."

"Trust me. You've shown us you can create something that can destroy a spelled object."

"In theory, you should be able to extrapolate that to a workable weapon."

"What we need to do now is prove it. Show me, jungkook."

"Show me just how good an alchemist you can be."

No one had ever challenged him to be anything more than an omega prince.

Seen but not heard, polite, placid and obedient.

Any idea he'd ever had, any thoughts he'd ever entertained about pursuing a different life, had been ruthlessly shut down if he'd ever dared voice them.

Here and now, the unthinkable was happening.

Someone was actually encouraging him to take up the mantle he'd always wanted to.

No hiding, no disapproval, no limits.

He stared at the lump of celestial silver in his hand.

"The best weapon I can make with this?"

"Exactly."

"Even if it uses all the silver?"

To Jungkook, who'd been so careful with every fragment of silver in his possession, it seemed wrong.

"Even if."

Jimin sounded so definite, so confident, that he couldn't argue.

More than that, he didn't want to argue. What had he dreamed of, if not enough celestial silver to invent and create to his heart's content?

With explicit permission from Jimin well, who was he to let that opportunity go to waste?

"The hammer or the axe?"