Chapter 9: I Can Finally Go Out

"Oh, literate." Wen Youshan only realized it after answering, looking at Wen Yuanliang doubtfully, "What did your mother say?"

  Wen Yuanliang replied stupidly: "My mother preached to teach my younger brother and sister to read."

   "What?" Wen Youshan's voice rose sharply, looked at Zhang's door in disbelief, walked over quickly, and asked shiveringly, "Miss, are you talking about literacy?"

   "It's just teaching the children to recognize a few words, why are you making such a fuss?" Chen Ningya was a little depressed, she couldn't see Wen Youshan and didn't know what he was thinking.

   After a while, Wen Youshan's excited voice came from outside, "Okay, wait a moment, I'll do it for you."

   Until Wen Youshan was far away, Chen Ningya could still hear him humming a little tune out of tune, and she knew she was overjoyed when she heard it.

Here Wen Youshan led Wen Yuanliang to the river with a basket on his back, and said with a grin, "We don't have much land in our house, and we are almost finished. Today, I was lucky, I caught a pheasant, and also found some fresh and tender wild vegetables. I stewed the chicken at night to make up for you, and by the way, I brought some river sand back. This river sand is the most suitable for the sand table. We used to draw talismans on the river sand, hahaha.”

  Wen Youshan said to himself, only to realize that Wen Yuanliang was silent for a while, and looked up at him, "What's the matter, what are you thinking?"

  Wen Yuanliang frowned suspiciously and said, "Father, don't you even know that your mother can read?"

Wen Youshan's smile faded a lot, and after a while he sighed softly: "Dad doesn't know, your mother's affairs are more complicated, maybe she only remembered her literacy recently, father knows that your milk told you a lot before. If your mother is not good, you have always had opinions about your mother, but those are not your mother's original intention, and she was also killed, otherwise she would definitely not marry into our family as your mother."

  Although Mrs Deng didn't tell him about her past, Wen Youshan knew from Mrs Deng's literacy that Mrs Deng's background was definitely unusual.

   Wen Yuanliang didn't deny this, but he became more and more curious about his mother. Before he could think clearly, Wen Youshan had already dealt with the pheasants, put half a basket of river sand in the back basket, and greeted him to go home.

On the way, father and son didn't talk anymore. When they got home, Wen Youshan made the sand table, and Wen Yuanliang took the pheasant to the stove. In the past few days, he found that his cooking skills have improved a lot, and he used to only cook. Simple wild vegetable porridge, even pheasant and hares can be cooked now, and the taste is not bad.

Just when Wen Yuanliang was complacent, the sound of beating and beating came from outside the house, which woke Wen Yuanjing who was sleeping. The little guy quietly peeked through the crack of the door and saw that his father was working, so he closed it obediently, just the stove. The smell of meat in it made the little guy drool, and he wanted to eat but didn't dare to go out, so he could only stand dumbfounded.

After Wen Yuanliang made dinner, Wen Youshan also put three sandboxes out. He was about to enter the house to feed the children. When he opened the door, he found that Wen Yuanjing had been knocked to the ground. Youshan was so frightened that he quickly picked up the child and checked it carefully.