Chapter 4: Her Life

Aarav walks to the corridor and sees Khushi's room door open. He enters inside and saw her sleeping. He takes his steps toward her and sat down on the bed. He looked at his daughter and places his hand on her head. She opens her eyes instantly with his touch and he moves his hand back with that glare.

She gets up and shouts "aapko kitni baar mana kiya hai maine mere room mein mat aao aap"

"Tum itni jaldi kyun wapas aa gayi? Kal laute waali thi na? He asked softly.

"Thanks to you Mr. Malhotra! Bahar jao toh aapke baare mein baatein hoti hai! It's get embrassing for me.." Khushi shouts.

"Success se har koi jalta hai Khushi.. Jo mere paas hai wo log nahi paa sakte isliye baatein karte hai" he replies in a calm tone which nobody sees. Everyone had seen the ruthless, arrogant and a casanova Aarav but the father is totally different.

"Aap kya ho ye puri duniya jaanti hai! Pattar dil insaan ho aap... ek ladki ko late aane pe bahar kar diya!! Kal agar main school se late aa gayi toh mujhe bhi ghar se nikal doge?" Khushi asked.

He takes a deep breath and said "tumhe jo samajhna hai samjho.. Mujhe farak nahi padta hai! Chalo dinner karlo"

"Mujhe nahi khana hai khana.. Aapke saath toh bilkul nahi aur sorry main jaldi wapas aa gayi.. Aur disturb kar diya aapko" Khushi said in a taunt way.

"Ye ghar tumhara hai... jab marzi tum aa jaa sakti ho! Koi rokne waala nahi hai tumhe" he said.

"Aap please jao yahan se!" Khushi spoke.

"Kal chalogi exhibition pe?" he asked.

"Aapke saath exibition kya ghar ke bahar bhi kadam nahi rakhungi main.." Khushi said and leaves the room. Aarav sighed in disappointment.

He tries his best to win his daughter's heart but fails miserably. He goes downstairs and sees Khushi eating the food.

Sharda smiles at Aarav.. "Beta tu bhi khale"

"Nahi kaki.. Mujhe kaam hai!" Aarav said and went to the study as he knew if he sat at the dining table his daughter will leave the food in between. He doesn't want her to leave hungry because of him. Sharda was aware of this, she takes the food to the study room.

She places it on his desk, he throws it away in anger, and picks up the alcohol. Sharda said "Aarav.. Ye mat pee itna... kyun khudko maut ki aur dhakail raha hai?"

Aarav glared at her and shouted "maa banne ki koshish mat karo! Jao yahan se"

Sharda gets down and picks up the food plate. She calls the servant and she cleans the floor. Both of them leave and Aarav shuts the door. He takes out his phone and calls someone.. "I need a girl.. Right now!"

About an hour a call girl enters the mansion, the servant shows her the way towards the study and leaves. She knocks on the door and Aarav pulls her inside.

The next morning, Khushi wakes up by herself. She freshens up and gets ready for the day. The servant knocks and asked "Khushi baby aaj aap nashte mein kya khayengi?"

"Ye kya aap roj roj puchne aa jati ho! Mr. Malhotra se pucho jaake" Khushi said.

The lady stands silent, she was even scared to look up at Aarav. Khushi sighed deeply understanding "sabko darake rakhte hai.. Acha sandwiches banado"

The lady nods and goes away.

Khushi comes downstairs and sits at the dining table. Sharda serves the breakfast and Khushi begins to eat it. She scrolls her phone and at the same moment, the door of the study room opens.