Chapter 51: Her Support

The house was enveloped in an eerie silence. The night was still, and the only sounds were the faint echoes of the festivities that had recently ended.

Maya and Aarav, still lost in their newfound understanding and warmth, were oblivious to the dark deeds that had just transpired in another part of the house. They sat on their bed, wrapped in each other's presence, the world outside forgotten for the moment.

Meanwhile, in the bedroom, Karan lay motionless, his lifeless eyes staring blankly at the ceiling. Sumitra, with a triumphant smile on her face, stood beside him, the cushion still clutched in her hands. She felt a surge of power and victory. This was her moment; she had finally removed the one obstacle that stood in her way.

Sumitra quickly gathered her thoughts. She knew she had to act fast. Taking a deep breath, she composed herself and walked to the bathroom to wash her hands and face, ensuring no trace of her crime was left. She then returned to the bedroom, positioning Karan's body to make it look as if he had died peacefully in his sleep.

She sighed deeply "Karanji kitne heavy ho aap! waise subah tak ka intezar kyun karna? mere bete ka mayus bhara chehra toh mujhe abhi dekhna hai" she thought with a smile on her face.

Sumitra then made her way to the living room, where she picked up the phone and called the family doctor. In a voice tinged with false panic and sorrow, she informed him of Karan's sudden demise. "Doctor Karanji.. wo aankh nahi khol rahe hai! wo shayad chale gaye" she cried.

"bhabhiji main abhi aata hun" he promised to come immediately.

As she waited, Sumitra rehearsed her story. She had to appear devastated but composed, a grieving widow who had just lost her husband unexpectedly. She knew she could play the part well; she had always been a master of manipulation.

When the doctor arrived, Sumitra led him to the bedroom, tears streaming down her face. The doctor examined Karan and confirmed what she already knew – he was gone.

"kya? aap ek baar phirse dekhiye" she requested.

Doctor sadly replies "inki saansein nahi chal rahi hai main kuch nahi kar sakta"

Sumitra wailed, her cries echoing through the house, waking Maya and Aarav from their tender moment.

Aarav looked towards Maya "yeh maa itna roh kyun rahi hai iss waqt?" he wondered.

Maya said "chalke dekhte hai Aarav.."

Aarav rushed to his father's room, Maya close behind him. The sight of his father lying still, lifeless, hit him like a ton of bricks. He fell to his knees beside the bed, tears streaming down his face. Maya, shocked and grief-stricken, tried to comfort him, but her own tears flowed freely.

"Papa..." he whispered, trying to wake his father, but it was too late.

He turned to the doctor with desperate eyes. "Kya hua? Papa uth kyun nahi rahe hai?"

"Heart attack aaya tha, Aarav. Kisi baat ka inhe bahut dhakka laga tha... afsoos mere aane se pehle hi," the doctor replied, his voice heavy with sympathy.

Aarav couldn't believe that his father was gone. He had wanted to share with him all the pain he had borne in his heart for years, but now that chance was gone. He felt responsible for his father's death, thinking his revelation about Sumitra's abuse had been too much for Karan to handle.

Sumitra, watching the scene unfold, felt a pang of guilt but quickly suppressed it. She had to maintain her facade. She wrapped her arms around Aarav, trying to console him. "Beta, yeh sab kuch itna achanak ho gaya. Hum sabko milkar himmat se kaam lena hoga. Aaj yeh hamari baat nahi sunte toh yeh nahi hota," she said, her voice laced with feigned sorrow.