Chapter 70: Family Moments

It was a serene Sunday morning, and Khushi had been sleeping peacefully. The early light filtered through her bedroom curtains, casting a soft glow over the room. The tranquility was broken by the sound of her alarm ringing insistently. With a sleepy stretch and a yawn, Khushi roused herself from the comfort of her bed. She moved with purpose, freshening up quickly in the bathroom before donning a casual yet elegant outfit.

The house was quiet as she stepped out of her bedroom, her footsteps light on the polished marble floor. The scent of morning dew wafted in through an open window, mingling with the faint aroma of freshly brewed coffee. She descended the stairs with a sense of anticipation, her mind already focused on the task ahead.

As she entered the kitchen, the familiar warmth of the space enveloped her. The morning sunlight streamed in through the large windows, illuminating the room and casting playful shadows on the tiled floor. The countertops were pristine, and the utensils neatly arranged, reflecting the meticulous care of the household staff.

Khushi's presence in the kitchen was a rare sight, and it promised a break from the usual routine. The calm atmosphere of the house belied the small but significant changes that were about to unfold, setting the stage for a day of unexpected warmth and connection.

The kitchen, usually bustling with the quiet efficiency of the household staff, was momentarily still as Maria, the house cook, greeted Khushi with her usual warmth.

"Good morning, Khushi baby. Kya khayengi aaj aap?" Maria's voice was a comforting presence in the room.

Khushi, dressed casually yet elegantly, stood with a determined smile playing on her lips. The vibrant energy she exuded contrasted with the serene morning. "Aaj main khud banaungi. Aap jaake kuch aur kaam kijiye," she replied, her voice steady and resolute.

Maria's eyes widened in surprise. "Nahi, aap kaise? Sir humhe naukri se nikal denge," she protested, her tone laced with genuine concern.

Khushi shook her head, her confidence unwavering. "Dadda aisa kuch nahi karenge," she reassured Maria.

Still, Maria hesitated, her worry evident in her furrowed brow. "Baby, please," she pleaded softly.

At that moment, Aarav appeared in the doorway, his presence commanding yet gentle. "Kya ho raha hai yahan?" he inquired, his voice calm and curious.

Khushi turned to face him, her eyes sparkling with determination. "Dekho na dadda, koi mujhe kuch karne nahi de raha," she explained, a hint of frustration in her tone.

Aarav sighed deeply, his gaze softening as he noticed the apprehension in Maria's eyes. "Aap sab aaj apne ghar jayie, apni family ke saath time spend kijiye," he said gently, his words carrying the weight of long-overdue compassion.

The staff exchanged stunned glances, their shock palpable. Aarav, sensing their disbelief, took a deep breath and continued, "Main janta hun saalon se main bahut strict raha hun aap sabke saath. Aap sab ab kabhi bhi zaroorat padhne par chutti le sakte hain bina iss darr ke ki main aapko naukri se nikal dunga."

A wave of emotion swept through the room. Khushi's face lit up with pride, her father's transformation filling her with joy.

"Kya kaha tha maine? Meri toh sunta nahi hai koi," she teased, her eyes twinkling.

With gentle insistence, she pushed Maria out of the kitchen. "Jayie aaj aap!" she urged, her voice firm yet kind.

Maria, her face breaking into a grateful smile, glanced at Aarav for confirmation. He nodded, his approval clear. From today onwards, the staff would be treated as family, a shift that marked a significant change in the household's atmosphere. The older staff members, particularly, were deeply moved, having seen the profound transformation in Aarav over the years.