Chapter 59: Aarav Promises to the Unborn

At office

Tanya entered Maya's cabin and greeted her. Maya smiled, "Good morning, Tanya! How can I help you?" she asked.

"Mam, mujhe ispe Aarav sir ke signature chahiye. Kya main ghar jaake laa sakti hun?" Tanya asked.

Maya glanced at her doubtfully, then took the file and began to read it. Tanya explained, "Yeh Karan sir ka project tha, mam, aur bahut hi confidential tha isliye Aarav sir hi sign kar sakte hain."

Maya agreed, "Fine! Yaad rahe meri nazar tumpar rahegi aur uspe bhi! Toh, don't act smart," she said.

Tanya nodded, took back the file, and left the office. She took a deep breath and drove towards Malhotra Mansion. Within half an hour, she reached the place, parked her car, and walked into the hall.

Sharda glanced at her and asked, "Ji?"

"Woh Aarav sir," Tanya replied.

"Aao," Sharda said, leading her to the living room and making her sit on the couch. Tanya waited anxiously, her mind racing with thoughts. After a while, Aarav stepped out of his room, and Tanya was stunned to see him. He looked weak, the charm on his face was missing, and his body had scars that clearly revealed the cruelty he had endured at the hands of Sumitra and Maya.

Tanya's breath hitched as she saw Aarav. His once vibrant eyes were now clouded with pain and fatigue. The sight of the bruises and cuts on his arms and neck made her heart ache. She struggled to maintain her composure, her mind battling a mix of anger and sorrow.

She got up, apprehension evident in her demeanor as she faced Aarav, who greeted her with a stern expression. "Tanya, what brings you here?" he asked, his voice hoarse and tired.

"Mam ne kaha yeh sign karne ke liye," she said softly, handing him the file.

Aarav took the file and began to flip through the pages. Tanya couldn't help but notice the slight tremor in his hands. The silence in the room was thick with unspoken words and emotions. Aarav's gaze lifted to meet hers, and for a brief moment, she saw a flicker of the old Aarav—the strong, confident man who once commanded respect and admiration.

"Aarav Sir, mujhe tumse kuch important baat karni hai," Tanya began, her voice tinged with regret.

Aarav's eyes narrowed with distrust as he responded coldly, "Tanya, mujhe tumse koi baat nahi karni. Tumne aur sabne milke unn papers pe sign kiye jismein likha tha I am not mentally fit to work! Tumne Maya ka saath diya."

Tanya's shoulders sagged with guilt as she listened to Aarav's accusation. "Aarav Sir, main sach mein galat thi. Main uss waqt Maya ki baat mein aagayi, lekin ab maine sab samajh liya hai."

Aarav's anger simmered beneath the surface as he retorted, "Tumhari maafi se kuch nahi hoga. Office mein jo bhi ho raha hai, uska zimmedar Maya hai, aur tum bhi uske saath milkar kaam kar rahi ho."

Tanya took a deep breath, her resolve firm as she revealed the truth. "Aarav Sir, aapko sachai pata honi chahiye. Maya bahut zyada kathor hai, usse sirf apne aap ki fikr hai. Wo office ka nuksan kar rahi hai, saara paisa apne liye rakhti hai. Aur Sumitra bhi uske saath milke yeh sab kar rahi hai."

Aarav's expression softened slightly as he absorbed Tanya's words, a flicker of realization dawning in his eyes. "Kya? Company losses mein hai? Aur Sumitra bhi ismein shamil hai?"

Tanya nodded gravely, her gaze earnest. "Haan, Sir. Aapko apni position wapas lene ki zarurat hai. Office ki halat kharab ho rahi hai aur koi bhi isse rokne mein madad nahi kar raha hai."

Aarav's mind raced with the weight of Tanya's revelations. "Main kya karoon, Tanya? Maya aur Sumitra meri koi bhi baat nahi sunenge."

Tanya's comforting touch on Aarav's shoulder brought a moment of solace amidst the turmoil. Her words filled him with a renewed sense of determination, but as memories of past tragedies flooded his mind, a wave of apprehension washed over him.