Chapter 26: Her Care

Malhotra Mansion

Manvi reached the mansion and entered into the hall. Sharda had been instructing the menu for lunch and dinner to the chef. Sharda rolled her eyes towards her and smiled "aaj aap jaldi aa gayi"

"Haan wo coaching centre jaa rahi thi socha Khushi ka haal chal puch lun" she replied

"So rahi hai.. Kal kaafi der ho gayi thi na aayie aap" Sharda said

Manvi smiled and walked upstairs to Khushi's room. She entered inside and glanced at the time it was 11 am. She should wake up by now, she sat down beside her and placed her hand on her forehead. She gets worried as her forehead was hot. "Hey bhagwaan isey toh tej bukhar hai"

She turned off the air con and opened up the curtains. She sat down and rubbed her palm light "Shardaji.. garam pani aur patti layiega zara" she shouted

After a while, Sharda comes inside and places the bowl on the side table. Manvi took the cloth and dripped it into the water. She then placed it on her temper so that temperature could come down.

She heads to the kitchen and quickly prepares the homemade medicine with the ingredients. Aarav calls on the landline and enquires about Khushi. Servant informed him that she is unwell and Manvi is home to take care of her.

"Shardaji aap uske paas rahiye aur patti kijiye main aati hun" Manvi spoke.

Sharda agreed and went into Khushi's room. Manvi pours it into the glass and holds the glass with her dupatta as it was hot. She walks into Khushi's room and Sharda steps aside. She sat down and Khushi had opened her eyes lightly. Manvi places her hand below her head "utho" and she lifts her head up.

Manvi makes her drink the medicine and Khushi makes a weird face. Manvi glared at her "nakhre nahi! Chup chap peeyo bukhar utar jayega do ghante mein samjhi!"

Khushi drinks it without arguing with her. Manvi places her head down again and covers her with a blanket properly.

Her phone rings, she picked it up "haan! Meri classes.." she glanced at Khushi who had grabbed her hand tightly in sleep.

"Aaj Kalpana se kehna meri classes le le main nahi aa paungi" Manvi informed.

She ends the call and places her phone to the side. She lightly caressed her head and she felt the warmth of her touch.

After about three hours, Khushi opened her eyes and she was feeling much better. Manvi smiled and asked "ab kaisa lag raha hai?"

"Acha.. aisa laga jaise bukhar tha hi nahi" Khushi replied with a light smile curving up her lips.

"Kal bheegi thi na tum baarish mein isliye aaya tha! Raat mein AC on karke aur soyi ho.. Itna bhi nahi pata baarsat ke mausam mein AC nahi on karte hai mausam waise hi tanda hota hai" Manvi scolded her for being careless.

"Nahi pata batane waala koi tha hi nahi'' she replied with a pain reflecting her eyes.

Manvi realised what she spoke, the girl is raised without a mother and she hates her father. "Toh tumhe bahut kuch seekhne ki zaroorat hai mujhse! Sabse pehle toh ghar se aise jaana band karogi tum samjhi! Tumhe apni parwah nahi hai lekin yahan bahut log hai tumhari parwah karne waale" she spoke.

Khushi agreed "nahi jaungi.. Dost pakka chahe Mr. Malhotra se jitni marzi ladai ho meri"

Manvi smiled and ruffled her hair. She kissed her forehead softly "tum rest karo main khana banake laati hun tumhare liye"

"Aapko coaching nahi jaana tha aaj?" she asked

"Chutti li hai maine! Aur sawal mat karo chup chap aaram karo" Manvi replied and left the room. Khushi is overwhelmed with her gesture.