Chapter 45: His Past

Manvi stood outside the ICU, her gaze fixed on Aarav lying on the hospital bed through the small glass window. The tension in the air was palpable as she watched over him, her heart heavy with worry and concern.

Sharda, standing beside her, shared in Manvi's apprehension, her own worry etched deep into the lines of her face. "Wo thik hoga na?," she murmured, her voice trembling with concern.

Manvi nodded silently, her thoughts consumed by the weight of Aarav's suffering. She couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to his pain than met the eye, that he carried burdens hidden deep within him, burdens that threatened to break him from the inside out.

Memories flashed through her mind - the discovery of sleeping pills in his drawer, the restless nights filled with anxiety. She couldn't ignore the signs any longer, couldn't ignore the truth that Aarav was struggling, silently battling demons that threatened to consume him.

Turning her eyes back to Aarav, Manvi felt a surge of determination wash over her. She couldn't stand idly by and watch him suffer. She had to find a way to help him, to ease the burdens he carried and bring light back into his life.

She tilted her face towards Sharda and demanded answers. "Kaki, aap saalo se unke ghar mein kaam kar rahi hai.. Zaahir si baat hai kuch aisi baatein hai jisse Khushi bhi anjaan hai. Apne baap ke liye uske dil mein itne saalon se nafrat kaise thi? Kya sach mein unhone Khushi ki maa ke saath bura kiya tha? Kyun wo har roj sleeping pills lete hai? Wo sapne unhe iss tarah dara dete hai jaise wo unki zindagi ka hissa hai. Aakhir kya wajah hai jo sauteli maa sunke hi unhone mujhe thappad maar diya? Batayie.." She sought clarity, her voice tinged with urgency and determination.

Sharda's eyes welled up with tears as she recalled the painful past. "Kyun janna chahti ho tum? Uski zindagi ke wo panne jinmein sirf takleef hai!" she replied, her voice heavy with sorrow.

"Main unhe usi dard aur takleef se door karna chahti hun kaki.. Please batayie aakhir aisa kya hai?" Manvi pleaded, her heart aching for answers.

Sharda looked at Aarav through the window, a bittersweet smile playing on her lips. "Duniya ke liye katoor dil, aurton se nafrat karne waala Aarav hai yeh par andar se hai toh seedha saadha jisne sabse bahut pyaar kiya aur badle mein usey sirf dhoke mile, dard mile chup chap sabkuch saha," she revealed, her voice trembling with emotion.

Manvi listened intently as Sharda shared the painful truth about Aarav's past. "Karan Malhotra, Aarav ke papa jinhone business ki shuruwat ki thi.. Aarav sirf 8 saal ka tha jab uski maa Nandini guzar gayi bahut pyaar karte they Karan sahab apne bete se, itna ki usey maa ki kami na mehsus ho unhone dusri shaadi ki sumitra se bahut khush tha uss din yeh aur wo aakhiri baar tha jab Aarav khilkhilake hasa tha," Sharda recounted, her voice filled with sorrow as she shared the painful childhood memories.

Flashback

Karan Malhotra had come to Mumbai from a small city with big dreams, accompanied by his wife and their 4-year-old son, Aarav.

Within a few years, he had established his business and built a bungalow named Malhotra Mansion. However, every success comes with a loss, and that was when tragedy struck - his wife lost her life in a tragic car accident. The sudden loss left a void in their lives, especially for the traumatized 8-year-old Aarav.

"Khana khalo Aaru," Karan tried to coax his son, offering him food amidst their grief.

But the little Aarav, still reeling from the shock of losing his mother, refused with tears in his eyes. "Mumma chahiye," he whimpered, his voice filled with longing and sorrow.