Chapter 50: The Loss

Aarav and Maya were in the car, heading towards his house after the marriage. The air was filled with a mix of excitement and nervousness, the kind that accompanies the beginning of a new chapter. Aarav glanced at Maya and noticed tears glistening in her eyes. Concerned, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a handkerchief, handing it to her.

Maya looked at him in confusion, unsure of his intention. Aarav gave her a gentle smile and signaled for her to wipe her tears. She returned his smile and used the handkerchief to dry her eyes.

"Aap rote hue achi nahi lagti, muskurate hue achi lagti hai," Aarav said softly, his voice filled with genuine care.

Maya's smile broadened at his words. "Aap har kisike baare mein sochte hai, mujhe yeh baat bahut achi lagti hai aapki," she replied, her voice tinged with admiration for his considerate nature.

They exchanged glances, their eyes locking in a moment of silent connection. The car ride felt timeless as they got lost in each other's eyes, each glance building a bridge of understanding and affection between them.

Soon, the car pulled up to the Malhotra house, a beautifully decorated mansion standing grandly in the evening light. The driver opened the door, and Aarav stepped out first, then offered his hand to help Maya out of the car. She accepted his hand, stepping out gracefully.

"Welcome to your new home, Maya," Aarav said, his voice filled with warmth and reassurance.

She looked at the house, then back at him, her heart swelling with hope for the future. "Thank you, Aarav. Main tayar hoon yahan apni nayi zindagi shuru karne ke liye," she replied, her voice steady and filled with determination.

Together, they walked towards the entrance, ready to face whatever the future held for them, side by side.

At the entrance, Aarav and Maya saw Sumitra standing at the door holding an Aarti plate. Aarav looked into her eyes, which were filled with a silent plea for forgiveness for her past actions. He smiled and took blessings from her in return.

Sumitra performed their Aarti with a gentle grace, and Maya dropped the rice kalash before stepping into the house with Aarav, signifying the start of her new life in the Malhotra household.

Sumitra glanced at Maya and smiled. "Aao bahu, tumhe tumhare bedroom tak le chalti hun," she said, her voice soft and welcoming as she guided Maya along with her.

Aarav watched them go and then headed to the temple. He folded his hands in front of the God idol, his heart filled with hope and prayer. "Hey Kanhaji, apna aashirwad iss ghar par banake rakhiyega. Aaj se mere hi nahi, balki pure parivar ki nayi shuruwat hai," he prayed earnestly.

"Aarav baba," Sharda, the family's longtime housekeeper, called out to him gently.

Aarav turned and smiled at her. "Sharda kaki," he greeted warmly.

"Aapne Sumitra ko aise hi jaane diya! Mujhe nahi lagta wo badlengi," she shared her concern, her brows furrowed with worry.

"Kaki, sabko dusra mauka milna chahiye na," he said with conviction, his eyes reflecting his belief in redemption and second chances.

"Main bhagwaan se kaamna karungi aapki baat sach saabit ho," Sharda said, her voice filled with both hope and skepticism.

Aarav nodded, appreciating her concern but firm in his decision. He then headed upstairs to his bedroom, reflecting on the new beginning for his family. He felt a mix of emotions-hope, determination, and a bit of trepidation-but he was ready to face the future with Maya by his side and a renewed sense of purpose for his family.

He reached the bedroom and was stopped by his office secretary Tanya. "Sir, aap abhi room mein nahi jaa sakte," she teased him with a mischievous glint in her eye.