Chapter 37: The News

Manvi stared at him and he had been waiting for her reply "I am waiting Miss Toofan" he said

"Nikli toh main apne ghar ke liye hi thi par phir yahan se phone aaya toh yahan aa gayi camp mein" Manvi replied

"Aur wo kisliye?" he asked

"Aap bhool rahe hai toh main aapko yaad diladun main teacher hun!" Manvi reminds him.

"Wo main ache se janta hun! Lekin isn't it strange ki itne din se main aur Khushi yahan hai aur ek baar bhi tumne humhe nahi dekha ya humne tumhe.." Aarav asked, raising his eyebrow.

She smiled sarcastically "dekh lete toh phir aaj jo hua wo nahi hota" she replied

Aarav stared at her "matlab?"

"Kuch nahi!" she denied and walked. Aarav held her hand and pulled her back.

"Ruko! Iska matlab pehle din hi tumhe pata tha hum yahan hai! Tabhi main sochun welcome drink mein meri aur khushi ki pasand kaise thi!" Aarav said

"Dekhiye.. Maine kuch nahi kiya" she denied

"Maine kab kaha tumne kuch kiya" Aarav catches her lies.

Manvi bits her tongue out. A smile appears on his face "toh luka chuppi ka khel khel rahi thi tum itne din! Chalo Mumbai jaa hi rahe hai hum saath chalo" he offered

Manvi was surprised hearing his words "ji... sukriya lekin mujhe yahan kaam hai thoda main baaki staff ke saath hi aaungi wapas"

Aarav nodded "milta hun tumhe ghar pe.." he said and left from there.

Manvi smiles sheepishly.

Aarav reached back to the car and sat inside. He hands Khushi her phone "yeh lo"

Khushi takes it and the driver heads off towards the highway. Khushi asked "dadda! Aapko itni der kyun lagi?"

"Tumhari dost jo takra gayi thi mujhse" he replied with honesty.

"Acha! Lekin wo toh apni mumma ke ghar gayi thi na.." she said doubtfully.

He informed her everything and said "wo ghar aayegi toh kar lena apni puch taach!"

"Okay dadda.." she said and placed her head on his shoulder. He tapped her cheek lovingly and smiled to himself.

Within two hours, they reached home. Aarav reminds her "yaad hai na tumhe iss weekend tum mujhe shopping pe leke jaane wali ho" he said

"Haan dadda main leke jaungi aapko agar aap office nahi gaye toh" She said teasingly.

"Acha.. main office nahi gaya toh.. Ruko tum" Aarav warns her. She runs away and Aarav chases her.

Sharda and everyone else was shocked seeing the changed behavior of Khushi. She literally called him "Dadda" not "Mr. Malhotra". Today, the environment of the house was completely different. Sharda had tears of happiness in her eyes seeing father and daughter finally bonding. It was a miracle to her, she folded her hands and thanked god for this.

Khushi, while hiding from Aarav, enters into his bedroom. She looked carefully, there wasn't any trace of her in the room. She looked at him and he opened the wardrobe door. Khushi looked at it amazed, a tear escaped down her eyes seeing her childhood pictures with him. The recent picture they clicked at the amusement park was also there.

He took her to the bed and made her sit on it. He questioned "ek baat bataogi"

"Haan dadda.." she replied

"Sach bolna haan! Itne saal kya kabhi tumhare mann mein nahi aaya ki ek baar apne dadda ko" he takes a deep breath.

"Aaya tha dadda! Dil ke aage hamesha deemag jeet jaata tha! Mere mann mein sawalon ne mujhe iss tarah ghirke rakha tha ki aapki achai main dekh hi nahi paayi.. Par pichle kuch dino maine aapka alag roop dekha hai aur mujhe mere pehle waale dadda dikhe" she said with a painful smile on her face.