Chapter 67: Father Daughter Union

Tears streamed down Manvi's cheeks as she absorbed the harrowing tale of Aarav's life. Controlled and manipulated, his love taken for granted, his father's death at the hands of his stepmother each revelation deepened her understanding of the man behind the mask of ruthless arrogance.

Sharda, despite her pain, managed a smile through tears. "Jis bachi ke liye usne Maya ki har baat maani! Chatt se khud gaya, apne aapko angaare pe chalaya, Sumitra ke aage girgata raha. Usi bachi ne usey 12 saal se nafrat di.. ussne apne aap ko iss kadar badal liya ki koi bhi ab use takleef nahi deta."

Manvi struggled to comprehend. "Kaki, Aaravji ne Khushi ko sach kyun nahi bataya?" Her voice trembled with disbelief.

"Wo nahi chahta tha ek beti apni maa se nafrat kare aur uska dard jaanke dard mein rahe jisse wo har raat ladta hai lekin aajtak apne dil se unn zakhamo ko mita nahi paaya," Sharda replied sorrowfully.

"Dadi..." a voice choked. They turned to find Khushi in the corridor, tears streaming down her face. It was clear she had heard everything.

Sharda approached her, gripping her shoulders tightly. "Kyun Khushi? Kyun gayi tum apne pita ko chodke? Are kya nahi diya usne tumhe? Tumhari har icha puri ki, badle mein sirf tumhara pyaar chahta tha... lekin tumne bhi usey takleef di..." She shook her and pushed her away.

"I am sorry Dadi... main nahi janti thi ki dadda ke saath meri mumma aur Sumitra dadi ne itna galat kiya hai," Khushi apologized tearfully.

"Kaise janti thi tum Khushi? Tumne sirf uske saath badtameezi ki... kabhi use samajhne ki koshish nahi ki! Nahi uski dard bhari aankhein padh paayi tum! Dekho kahan aa gaya hai wo..." Sharda's voice rose. She shoved Khushi away. "Chali jao tum! Yahan se..."

Khushi's sobs echoed in the sterile corridor of the hospital, her guilt consuming her as she stood before the ICU door. She gazed at her father, once a formidable figure who commanded respect with a single glance, now frail and fighting for his life, connected to machines that sustained his weakened body.

Her heart clenched as she realized the depth of her misunderstanding. She had wrongly believed that Aarav had expelled Maya and disrupted her life for selfish reasons. In truth, he had endured unimaginable pain and sacrifice to protect her, to shield her from the bitter truths that now haunted her.

"I am sorry Dadda... I am really really sorry," Khushi whispered, her voice choked with remorse. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she recalled his unwavering love and fierce protection, the sacrifices he had made silently, without seeking recognition or gratitude.

She ran away from there, Sharda's words echoing in her mind. The weight of her actions and the pain she had caused her father crashed down on her, filling her with regret and sorrow.

Sharda's stern words reverberated in her mind, amplifying her anguish. The weight of her actions, the disrespect she had shown her father in her ignorance, crashed down upon her with crushing force. Regret and sorrow enveloped her, overwhelming her senses as she fled from the hospital corridor, seeking solace and repentance for the pain she had inflicted on the man who had fought tirelessly for her happiness.

The weight of her actions pressed down on her, the guilt and regret building with every stride. The memory of the bitter encounter with her father, Aarav, played over and over in her mind, each repetition deepening the ache in her chest.

She could still see the hurt in his eyes, the sadness that had settled in his features when she had lashed out at him not once but millions times in past 12 years.

"Khushi, yeh main tumhare liye laaya tha. Tumhe bahut pasand hai na paintings karna?" he had said, his voice soft, hopeful even, as he handed her the set of colors.