Dear Lucas

Dear Lucas,

Hey Stalker! If you're reading this, I'm most likely dead.

I'm not even surprised anymore. We can never catch a break. Monsters are always after us. This time I'm one of the main targets.

This is not how I thought I'd spend my spring break. I was going to lock myself in my room, which Olivia would have given me shit for.

In a twisted way I'm happy that Vecna is after me. I'm sorry that it took another monster to get us to see each other again. I'm sorry that I distance myself from you and couldn't be there for you in all your stupid games.

You know, in times like this, as I'm sitting down writing this letter, I think about all my life choices that lead me to this point. I think about when you told me about Will and El for the first time back in the arcade when I was new to all of this, and you told me if I accept the risk. I thought you were bluffing, but a small part of me thought of the possibility of being true, but I still accepted with all the risks.

I want you to know that I don't regret it at all because it got me to know you.

Thank you for always being there for me even when I pushed you away, and thank you for making me laugh every chance you got.

Love, Max