✶ Author's note ✶

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗥𝗡

𝗖𝗼𝗽𝘆𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁© 𝗪𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗡𝗺

𝗔𝗹𝗹 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗲𝗱

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

SYNOPSIS

When Zora, Naya's long-term best friend and crush, starts showing an interest in her twin brother, Avi, she's forced to face her biggest fear. She will never be enough for someone to choose her first and no matter how much she tries, her brother will always have everything she doesn't.

Friendship, loyalty, and love are put to the test as Naya has to either move on or be tormented by her insecurities. However, the process of getting over someone seems to be near impossible when one is reminded of them every day.

It's even more impossible when it appears that Zora's feelings for Naya may not be as platonic as she once thought.

STARTED:
FINISHED:

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝟓𝐭𝐡 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑

Another unrequited love story with a smidge of best friends to lovers? Hell yes. Okay, so the unrequited love theme is similar but this story still differs a lot from my other story 'STORM' (which if you haven't, go check it out.)

Also, hello 'Wretched Roses' (aka my book that 'STORM' is a spin off to) because there's a set of twins in this book as well. Both books are completed if you want to check them out. However, keep in mind that I started writing 'Wretched Roses' in 2019 so I'd like to think that I've improved since. Still proud of it though as it was my first book on here.

This once is a slowburn, so buckle in for a ride because the burn will be sloooowww. You've been warned. But if you're like me and you eat that shit up, you're in the right place. If you don't, 'STORM' is much more fast-paced compared to 'Wretched Roses' where things move a lot slower. While 'STORM' has drama, it's easier to handle than 'Wretched Roses' which deals with a lot of heavy, triggering topics. Speaking of that, this book will contain some of those triggering topics. Instead of putting a TW for every chapter (unless it's very triggering), I will put them here.

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

This book contains the following content warnings:

1. Cussing, and probably a lot of it. I swear often, so do my characters
2. Mental health issues including: Self-esteem problems, depression, anxiety (anxiety/panic attacks). May touch briefly on self-harm, suicide, and potentially other mental illnesses
3. Underage drinking and mentions of drug use
4. Neglectful parents
5. Grief (not too much but a bit)
6. Coming out and some internalized homophobia

Things that I've failed to mention here will be in a chapter warning.

This book will NOT include explicit content (AKA smut), as with all my other books. Any sexual scenes will be fade to black.

Also, if you somehow missed it, this is a girlxgirl book. Meaning gay people (*gasp* terrifying, I know.) The romance centers around two women and it's set in their senior year of highschool (if you're not American, I'm not either-I just consume too much American media, it means they're usually around 17-18 and in their last year of high school.)