0.9 𝔄𝔰𝔰𝔲𝔪𝔭𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰

"ᴵⁿ ᶜᵒᵐᵖᵘᵗᵉʳˢ, ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵗᵒ ˢᵉᵖᵉʳᵃᵗᵉ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸ ᵖᵃʳᵗˢ ᵗᵒ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳˢᵗᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖʳᵒᵇˡᵉᵐ

"ᴵⁿ ᶜᵒᵐᵖᵘᵗᵉʳˢ, ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵗᵒ ˢᵉᵖᵉʳᵃᵗᵉ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸ ᵖᵃʳᵗˢ ᵗᵒ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳˢᵗᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖʳᵒᵇˡᵉᵐ. ᴹᵃʸᵇᵉ ᴵ ˢʰᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ʰⁱᵐ ᵃᵖᵃʳᵗ ˢᵒ ᴵ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳˢᵗᵃⁿᵈ."
y/n's diary, page 77.

🔴

       The smell of an unusual musty and moldy odor in an office swarmed in Chifuyu's nostrils. Even though there weren't visible molds in the vicinity, the space looked cramped from multiple cubicles and phone ringing here and there that drilled his migrain against the wall.

He sat in front of the chief police from their department, eyes gazing over the wooden desk traced with liquid staind watermarks that spilled from the chief's coffee mug.

"This has been an ongoing case for almost 5 years, Officer Matsuno!" The chief head staff scolded once more. His neck belly looked spilling from the choking collar he buttoned around his neck.

Chifuyu tried his best to tame the anger within him, knowing the chief had no other job but to scold workers and bid orders while he gorged up dozens of boxes of doughnuts all day.

"Sir, I'm trying-" Chifuyu tried not to massage his aching temples. The lack of sleep took a toll on his physicality, he'd grown more restless each day even when he tried sleeping, work had followed him to his nightmares and he swore he looked just as sick as how he felt.

"Fucking try harder!" The chief cuts him off, making a few workers from the glass partition outside the main office look over in pity at Chifuyu. "I got many of the residents calling 24/7 scared for their life for a killer that you've been catching all your career."

The chief sighed, hands cupping at his jaw, the bristles of his beard scraped along his palms. "You'll be relieved of your duty." The chief stated and this had Chifuyu's shoulders slumping in aghast. He was losing his job. "If you can't do your job right, I'm gonna find someone who can!"

"Chief!" Chifuyu finally found his voice, "I've been tracking this killer for years, no one knows his movement more than I do." The chief didn't speak after, and Chifuyu sighs, "Please.. Let me finish what I've been working on.. I finally have a lead." The last one, he wasn't even sure, but he couldn't be anymore desperate, not until it could lead him losing his job.