Missing You

"...and that's your bedroom. It's guest bedroom five, just so you know." Twilight said matter-of-factly.

"Thanks, I think I noticed..." I said. There was a sign in front of the bedroom door that had a 5 on it. Twi was just finishing up a full tour of her huge crystal castle.

"So.... meet me for dinner, and then we'll go ingredient hunting." Twilight said as she flew off. I trotted into my room, which was really big. There was a real soft circular bed in the center of it, which I flopped onto. There was a mural on the ceiling of Twilight and her 5 friends, including Other Applejack. I looked up at the mirror version of myself, giggling a bit. Then I noticed arms wrapped around me from behind.

It was Rarity. She was smiling in the mural, her chin on my shoulder. There was a strand of beautiful, silky, curly, purple hair falling over my side ponytail. She was wearing my hat and crossing her eyes goofily.

I could feel tears streaming down my face and flipped around on my stomach to cry into my pillow.

Why did this have to happen to me, of all people? Why did this happen to Rarity? It was hard enough trying to hide our romance behind everyone's backs, and now we didn't even have a romance to hide.

She had cheated on me!

I sobbed into my pillow, and soon it was sopping wet so I sat up. Then I realised the door was open.

Slightly humiliated, I stood up and walked to the door, looking outside for traces of anypony else. Luckily, I saw nopony.

But I didn't know that Rarity was standing outside my door nearly the whole time.