The Dark Angels

• Dedicated to Adam Smith

I'm so sorry I've been offline! I've been waiting for entries for the OC contest, but I haven't been getting any more.
"Look, there's something unusual happening. There are these creatures in the area, they're- they're called the dark angels. There are five of them here but they are very strong. I haven't figured out their names yet, or what their weaknesses are, but I know that they come out at night, and-" I interrupted Twilight.
"Woah, woah, woah. Calm down. Okay. So there's a new enemy here. Why do we gotta defeat 'em?"
"Because they are going to bring with them a curse to all. Anybody who falls in love with them will only see in black and white. Their skin will turn paper white, their eye color will turn black, and they will suffer deep depression." I snorted.
"And why would anyone in their right mind be in love with those kooks?"
"Because they have these on their ear." Twi handed me a picture of an ear with a silver angel wing cuff.
"Um..."
"These send out signals that say something like 'you will love me' to anyone who gets within three inches of them."
"So all ya gotta do is hug 'em and ya fall hopelessly in love with them?"
"Exactly. Come on, we've got to spread the news to the girls. Let's stop by Rarity's house first." I tried to think of an excuse for not stopping by, since Rarity and I were gonna have a date in a few hours.
"Um, alrighty then." Really, Applejack?

Once we had finished the short walk to Rarity's house, we told her mom we were stopping by to check on her.
Twilight raced upstairs, while I just walked calmly behind her. When Twilight burst through the door, I looked over her shoulder to see if Rarity was sleeping. Unfortunately, she was.
"Rarity!" Twilight said loudly. Rarity's eyes opened.
And they were black.