33.PAST: DARKNESS

Chapter -33

Days went by after the incident. But Jungkook's mind couldn't still forget it. Jungkook would have nightmares of the day. He would wake up in the middle of the night and stayed awake the rest of the night.
He would flinch even if his parents try to touch him. He became afraid of the strangers.
The once smily and sunny boy became gloomy gradually.

Jungkook stopped going to the kindergarten. He would just stay home. Sometimes he wouldn't do anything and just sat down and looked at nothing.

"Honey,I think we should take bun to a therapist," Jungkook's mom said to his dad.
Jungkook's dad also thought about it. So Jungkook's parents took him to a female psychiatrist who was real good with children.

"Jungkook, I'm your Appa's friend. Would you like to spend sometime with me?" Dr.Oh,the psychiatrist told Jungkook.
Jungkook was afraid of new people. So he hid behind his father.
"It's okay, bun. She's really nice," Jungkook's dad said.
"Jungkook, do you like banana milk?" Dr.Oh said.
Jungkook's eyes lit up watching the banana milk. He nodded shyly.
Dr.Oh gave Jungkook a bottle of banana milk.
Jungkook didn't say anything that day.
Jungkook's parents took him again the next week.
"Jungkook, would like to paint something with me?" Dr.Oh asked showing the paint and brush to Jungkook.
Jungkook took the paint and brush and started to paint something.

"Detective Jeon, Jungkook is still in trauma. Look at his paintings," Dr.Oh said showing Jungkook's dad the paintings that Jungkook made.
In one,there was a little boy being carried by a skinny man and another had the same boy in a very dark room.
Detective Jeon understood that the boy was Jungkook. Jungkook was painting his own experience.
"What should we do, doctor?" Detective Jeon asked.
"For now, don't leave him alone. Try to talk to him more and spend time with him," Dr.Oh advised.
Detective Jeon nodded.

After that, Jungkook's parents took a good care of him.
After two years of therapy and good company, Jungkook's condition became good. Though he didn't become happy like before,he wasn't afraid of anyone anymore. Jungkook's dad took his days off just to spend time with him.

Everything was going well but Jungkook's luck became dark again.
Jungkook's dad was shot and killed in a gang fight when Jungkook was thirteen.
The Jeon family took a huge blow. Jungkook's mom was a mass. She started to drink a lot. They didn't have money issues. They got a huge sum of money from detective Jeon's life insurance and his office. Also the police department took care of Jungkook's study cost.

But Jungkook's mom became more and more depressed day by day.
She would drink the whole day and bit Jungkook up.
"Why do you have to look like him? Why?" She would say and bit Jungkook up.
Jungkook would take care of her and the household.
Jungkook understood his mom. He knew his mom loved his dad very much.

This thing continued to happen till Jungkook became fifteen. Then Jungkook's mom took another bad habit. She would go on dates with men and took them to their house.
Jungkook hated all those man. Jungkook thought his mom gonna be always loyal to his father.
Jungkook would stay in the park till late night and then go back to home.

One day, Jungkook came back home after late night and stayed in his room. His mom was not in the house.
Suddenly Jungkook's door was opened and an middle aged man came inside the room.
Jungkook became tense.
Why was the man coming to his room?

"Mom?" Jungkook called his mom.
All of his past trauma came back. His breathe hitched and it became hard to breathe.
Jungkook mom closed the room from the other side.
The room became dark and old.
Jungkook realized what his Mather had done.

"Grandma,open the door please," Jungkook's paniced voice called as he banged on the door of their neighbor. An olderly couple lived beside their house. The old lady really loved Jungkook and would take care of him.
"Jungkook -ah, what happened?" The old lady asked opening the door.
"Mom,mom," all Jungkook could say before passing out.

The old lady took Jungkook inside the house and the old man went to check out what happened.

"Oh my god," the old said holding the wall not to fall down.