Chapter Three

The next day, Sarabi, Nina, Diku, Dwala, Penda, and the cubs were at the main den laying down. They were still grieving but had to accept their new life. Nina was concerned about her daughter. "It's okay, Nina. She's going to be alright", said Sarabi. Nina sighed. "I know but I'm just so worried about what Taka has become. He turned into a monster and he brought those smelly hyenas into the Pride", said Nina. Tama was right next to her mother Dwala. "It's going to be okay, Tama", said Dwala. "Is Nala mad at us?" Asked Tama. Dwala smiled at her. "Of course not", said Dwala.

Tama sighed and saw Kula and Chumvi asleep with Diku. "She doesn't want to play with us anymore", said Tama. "Well give her some time. She's still grieving", said Dwala. Sarabi rose up. "We can't let Scar bring us down. We have to stay up. I promise help will be there someday. It might not be today. It might not be tomorrow but it'll be someday", said Sarabi. Nina rose up with Sarabi. "She's right. We have to protest to drive him and those hyenas out. They took what was nice about our Pride", said Nina. Diku, Dwala, and the cubs stood up except for Penda.

Penda laid down in shame. "Penda, are you with us?" Asked Diku. "Guys, Scar made me his second lioness in command", said Penda. The lionesses were in shock. "Why did you say yes?" Asked Nina. "He was going to exile me and my cubs. I don't have anywhere else to live", said Penda. Sarabi comforted her. "It's okay", said Sarabi. "No it's not! How can we trust her? She'll probably turn us in to Scar", said Nina. Penda sighed. "I won't. I promise. I'm on your side", said Penda. "How can we trust her?" Asked Dwala. Sarabi looked at Penda. "Are you sure you're on our side? If you lie, there will be consequences", said Sarabi.

"I'm not lieing. I promise. On my cubs' life I'm not", said Penda. Sarabi looked at the liomesses. "We can trust her. She loves her cubs", said Sarabi. Nina still looked at Penda angrily but still respected her. Meanwhile at Scar's den, Sarafina laid with her daughter Nala. "Good morning sweetie. How have you been?" Asked Sarafina. "The usual", said Nala. Sarafina cleaned her daughter but felt a sharp kick in her stomach. Nala noticed there was water coming out of her. "Mom, you're peeing", said Nala.

Sarafina looked and was in shock. "The baby is coming. Go get everyone now!" Said Sarafina. Nala nodded and ran fast as she could. She ran to the main den. "My mom needs help!" Yelled Nala. Nina stood up. "With what?" Asked Nina. "She's having the cub", said Nala. Nina, Sarabi, Diku, Dwala, and Penda ran frantically. Sarabi told Nala to stay with the cubs. The lionesses rush and saw Sarafina trying to push. Nina gave her a stick. "Bite it as hard as you can", said Nina.

Sarafina nodded and bit the stick. Sarabi held her paw. "You'll be okay. Think of happy thoughts", said Sarabi. Nina held her other paw. "We won't let anything happen to you", said Nina. Sarafina nodded and tried thinking of happy thoughts. She thought of the first time she met Ajabu when she was a cub and when she gave birth to Nala. She kept thinking about the happy memories until she heard her mother. "I see the head!" Said Nina. Sarafina was relieved to hear that and was excited to have another cub.

Shortly after the cub was born.

END OF CHAPTER..