Chapter Twenty

Penda walked to the main den in anger. She saw her cubs worried. "What are you idiots looking at?! Leave me alone!" Screamed Penda. Sarabi noticed and walked by Penda. "Is everything okay?" Asked Sarabi. "No these stupid kids won't stop looking at me!" Yelled Penda. Sarabi was shocked to hear Penda say that about her cubs. "Why are you so rude to us?" Asked Malka. "Because I hate you two so much!" Said Penda. Sarabi started to growl a little bit. "Penda, you know that's not true", said Sarabi.

"It is! They suck! I hope they die!" Said Penda. Malka and Tojo started crying. "Great. Now they want to cry like little babies", said Penda. "Penda, that's enough!" Said Sarabi. Penda tried to place her paw towards Malka but Sarabi put her paw in between. "What's wrong with you?!" Asked Sarabi. Penda soon realized what happened. She soon backed away in shocked. "Oh my!" Said Penda as she noticed her cubs were crying. Penda started sobbing. Sarabi hugged her. "It's okay, Penda but please calm down", said Sarabi. Penda sobbed loudly.

"I need help", whispered Penda. "Excuse me?" Asked Sarabi. Penda looked at Sarabi with tears in her eyes. "I need help! I can't do this anymore! I can't love them anymore! I want to be better but I just can't do it!" Cried Penda as pleaded Sarabi. Sarabi nodded. "It's okay. I'll try to help you but you can't treat them like that. They're your sons. They need a loving mother", said Sarabi. "You don't know how I'm feeling right now. I'm feeling so torn apart", cried Penda.

"I know exactly how you feel. When I lost my mate and my son, I thought it was over. I cried every night in my sleep and in my dreams all I saw was Mufasa but I didn't see Simba at all. I tried asking Mufasa but he didn't answer. I was very depressed but I never took it out on the cubs. All I'm asking for you is to love them", said Sarabi. Penda sighed. "I can't. It's not that I don't want to it's just that I can't. Quit trying to convince me because it will never work", cried Penda. "They are children. They deserve love as much as you do. Trust me I know how you feel", said Sarabi. Penda started sobbing uncontrollably.

"I know you can love them. I know you can. All you have to do is show them love", said Sarabi. "It's so hard though. When Ni died, he took my soul with him. The worst part is Malka has his eyes and his face. Tojo has his kind soul. These cubs were cursed with him", said Penda. Sarabi sighed. "They weren't cursed with him. Penda, you need to calm down", said Sarabi. Penda shook her head. Naanda's spirit soon appeared right next to Sarabi. "It's best if I have a word with her", said Naanda. Sarabi nodded and saw Naanda's spirit walk towards Penda.

"I have a way for you to recover but this does cause you to lose your memory which means you won't recognize anyone even yourself", said Naanda. Penda nodded. "That's fine", said Penda. "Are you sure? Because one this happens, there is no turning back. Once your memory is gone, it's gone", said Naanda. Penda sighed. "I said it's fine. I think I'm better off not knowing anyone", said Penda. Naanda sighed. "Very well", said Naanda. Penda soon started levitating as Naanda tried erasing her memories. After a few hours passed, Penda's memory was already erased.

Penda soon laid down sleeping while Naanda looked at Sarabi. "She should be fine by tomorrow morning", said Naanda as she disappeared.

END OF CHAPTER...