Chapter Six

Zira and her lionesses laid in the main den. Tama hid behind Dwala. Dwala hugged her daughter. "Who are they, mother?" Asked Tama. "New lionesses", said Dwala. Zira walked towards Sarabi. "Zira, is that really you?" Asked Sarabi. Zira glared at Sarabi. "Yes", said Zira. Sarabi was in shock. She hugged Zira. "We thought you died", said Sarabi. Nina glared at Zira. "What are you doing here? This is no place for you to stay", said Nina. "I missed Taka so much. I spent my whole life looking for him. I can stay here if I want", said Zira. Nina shook her head.

"No. Taka has lost his mind. He invited the hyenas here to take over. He even goes by the name Scar after his father gave him a scar over his eye", said Nina. "Scar. What a nice name", said Zira quietly. An older lioness walked to Zira. "His dad gave him a scar? That seems like a very horrible thing to do", said the lioness. "Yeah. He was often abusive to Taka or Scar just like how my mother was", said Zira. Zira then realized something. "Where even is she?" Asked Zira.

"She died in a battle. Scar murdered her after finding out she killed Ahadi", said Diku. "Wait. What are we even talking about?" Squeaked Chumvi curiously. "I forgot you guys were here. Penda lead them to the abandoned Elder's Den. They cannot hear this", said Nina sternly. Penda nodded and lead all the little cubs with her. "What's your name?" Asked Dwala talking to the older lioness. "Johari", answered the old lioness. She had visible scars across her stomach but her red eyes shined through her scars. "This is Akina", said Johari as she pointed to a beautiful yet emaciated lioness with dark brown speckle all over her.

She smiled gracefully. "It's nice to meet you all", said Akina in a very nice tone. "This is Akina's sister, Zuri", said Johari as she pointed to a lioness who had very dark blue eyes and had a beautiful light tan fur color. She gave an eye roll as she was being introduced. "I still don't understand why Zira dragged us here", muttered Zuri. "Because we would die if it wasn't her leading us to here. We needed a place to crash", said Johari. Zuri scoffed. "That's not the reason why. She wants to see that foolish lion", said Zuri.

"He's not foolish but there is something about him that I don't trust about him", said Johari. "Believe me. He is insane. He's married to my daughter", said Nina. Zira was in shock. "Married to that smelly warthog?!" Asked Zira. Nina's dark green eyes glared at Zira. "Do not talk about my daughter like that ever again. Understand?" Said Nina sternly. Zira cackled.

"Oh please! It wasn't like she never bullied me or Taka before. She doesn't deserve him", said Zira. "You know what? You are right, she doesn't deserve him. He doesn't deserve her either", said Nina as she walked closely to Zira. Zira growled. "What are you implying?" Asked Zira. "Scar is messed up in his head that's what I'm implying", said Nina. She walked away confidently knowing that she won the argument. 

END OF THE CHAPTER...