Chapter Nineteen

Scar and Zira slept together at their den with Mheetu in Zira's paws. "He hasn't been crying lately", said Scar. "That's good, I guess", muttered Zira. Mheetu was asleep and was purring. Scar got up and sat by the edge of the Pride Rocks. He saw Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed walk towards him. They looked very worried. "What is it?" Asked Scar. "We have a little problem here. Ed, do you want to tell him what happened?" Asked Banzai. Ed shook his head. "Shenzi?" Asked Banzai. Shenzi scoffed. "I will not tell him what you caused!" Said Shenzi.

"Will someone just tell me what's going on?!" Asked Scar. Banzai nodded quickly. "There isn't anymore prey herds. We think they left", said Banzai. "What?!" Roared Scar. Scar was furious but Shenzi laughed. "Do you want to hunt? You're more than welcome to hunt with us", said Shenzi. "That's not the point! The point was to not overhunt but you made this a huge problem you will have to solve yourself! How will my mate and my son be fed?" Asked Scar.

"It's not a big deal. We can go to another Pride and find some prey there", said Banzai. "Yeah and get in trouble with the leader there?! No thank you. Just hunt what you can but remember the king, queen and the prince comes first before anyone does", said Scar. "Yes, your majesty", said Banzai. Scar sighed and saw Zira and Mheetu asleep. Later on, everyone gathered beneath the Pride Rock for a meeting.

Scar sighed. "Due to the prey leaving us, we will be short on food so this means everyone who's lucky enough to find prey will have to catch it themselves except for the royalty. The royalty doesn't need to catch it themselves because we are superior", said Scar. There were roars of protest in the crowd. "This makes no sense!" Screamed Sarabi. "I agree! How will the cubs have food?" Asked Sarafina. Scar cleared his throat. "The cubs will have food and all but the royalty needs to be fed first before anyone", said Scar.

Nala stayed close to her mom knowing what was happening. "You'll be fine, Nala. Don't worry", whispered Sarafina. Nala nodded and hugged her mother. Kula and Chumvi were right by Diku but Chumvi kept staring at Nala noticing how sad Nala looked. "Scar, you can't just starve us like that!" Yelled Diku. "I didn't say anything about starving. I just said you will have to catch your own prey if you want to eat", said Scar. Diku rose up. "And how will that work? The prey ran off", said Diku.

"There's still some prey herds but not enough to feed us all", said Scar. Penda rose up. "I say we exile the hyenas. Who's with me?" Asked Penda. The lionesses roared in agreement. "Silence! The hyenas are going nowhere! We need them and they need us!" Said Scar. "How do we need them? All they do is overhunt!" Yelled Dwala. Scar growled. "Silence! All of you! Like I said the hyenas are going nowhere!" Yelled Scar.

END OF CHAPTER....