Chapter Twenty-One

The next morning, all the cubs were playing outside. Chumvi and Nala sat together looking at the other cubs playing tag. "They're still very childish, I see", said Nala. "Yeah, we haven't changed much. It really isn't the same without you", said Chumvi. Nala sighed. "I agree. I missed you guys so much", said Nala. Chumvi soon leaned in closer to Nala. Nala noticed it but didn't do anything until Kula came up to them. "Don't you guys wanna play tag?" Asked Kula. "I am not playing no little cub game!" Spat Chumvi.

"It was just a question. Jeez", said Kula. She soon galloped away. "I think we should play tag with them. I mean we still are cubs", said Nala. "Yeah I guess that's true", said Chumvi. Nala soon tapped his shoulder. "You're it!" Said Nala. Chumvi soon growled and chased Nala. Nala screamed around the den waking up her mother. Her mother yawned very loudly. "Nala? Is everything okay?" Asked Sarafina. Nala giggled. "Yeah Chumvi is chasing me though", said Nala. "Well I'm going to need you to use your inside voice please. There are other lions sleeping and they don't need to hear no screaming", said Sarafina. Nala nodded.

"Yes mother", said Nala. Chumvi giggled. "So you're a mommy's girl. Aren't you?" Asked Chumvi. "No! I just respect her. She's done everything to keep me alive", said Nala. Chumvi sighed. "I guess that's true. I mean she was the Queen. She had to deal with mangy fur bag", said Chumvi. "You mean my dad?" Asked Nala. Chumvi nodded. "He doesn't really let me call him dad but he raised me when I was little and mom doesn't like talking about him", said Nala. "I can see why. He's a jerk. He's going to let us hunt for own food", said Chumvi.

"I agree but he is my dad", said Nala. "How? You look nothing like him. You just look like your mom", said Chumvi. Nala sighed. "I'm not sure either", said Nala. Chumvi chuckled. "Maybe because you're too beautiful to be Scar's daughter", said Chumvi. Nala smiled. "I guess so", said Nala. Her smile soon faded away. "You're thinking of Simba, aren't you?" Asked Chumvi. Nala didn't answer but looked at Chumvi. "Aren't you?" Asked Chumvi. "Yeah. He was like a brother to me. I can't get over him. I miss him so much", said Nala.

Chumvi nodded. "If only I had the chance to say goodbye to him that night, we got grounded. I didn't know it would've been my last time seeing him forever", said Nala. Chumvi sighed. "I know. I miss him too. We all miss him", said Chumvi. "How about we don't bring up Simba? Whatever is in the past will stay in the past", said Nala. Chumvi nodded. "Thank you so much. You're the greatest friend I could ever ask for", said Nala as she hugged him. He blushed but let her hug him.

They soon heard a scream coming from Penda who had just woken up. "Where am I?! What is this place?!" Exclaimed Penda.

END OF CHAPTER...