Evaluation

While everyone ate their ice cream and milkshakes Tony stood up and went over to Scott. You couldn't make out what they were talking about but assumed it had something to do with the Avengers or Stark industries which meant Scott either had some type of power or combat experience or was insanely smart.
You watched their interaction with calculated eyes; trying to get a better understanding of the way Tony's mind worked.
He was very precise with all of his actions and tone when he spoke, there was an air of professionalism as he spoke to Scott.

You sat silently feeling the exhaustion of the day catching up with you but also watched the way everyone interacted with one another. You wanted to have a better understanding of the way they ticked how the gears shifted in their brains.
You watched Steve talking with Bucky, you could see his eyes show a surprised shine every time Bucky said something related to the past. Steve showed most of his emotions like an open book so he wasn't very challenging to understand.

Next you watched Sam,Clint and Peitro. They were simple but had something complex below the surface.
Sam and Peitro continued to antagonize Clint by calling him RobinHood and Legolas with Clint threatening to shoot them with an arrow between the eyes after he shoots them in the legs so they can't run away from him.
The two men feigned a fearful expression before all three bursted out laughing like they had just been told a comedic joke.
Their reaction told you very clearly that the trio was very close and comfortable with each other even in the public eye. Most known influencers put on a public facade to protect their personal lives and careers. Yes, some are comfortable with being themselves but publically making a death threat even between friends wouldn't always end well if the wrong person heard them, Thankfully the shop only had you, Bucky, and most of the Avengers inside.

"Hey, you okay?" Steve whispered from across the table not wanting to bring any attention your way.
You shook yourself out of your evaluative daze and smiled at him.
"I'm okay. Thank you for asking." You told him.
"She was evaluating everyone. It's a way she gets to know people." Bucky explained to Steve.
"That's mighty impressive. What did you notice about the team?" Steve asked, curiosity laced in his tone.
"You see Tony, He may look very professional but if you look at his eyes you can see him looking at the clock behind Scott every seven seconds. He wants to get his point across but is impatient. Scott on the other hand is trying to maintain eye contact but everytime Tony looks at the clock Scott looks down in disappointment and because of this his excitement deminishehes each time. Now if you look over to them now you can see Tony explaining what he wanted to say all along and is focused on Scott's reactions throughout the conversation." You pointed at the two men who seemed more relaxed now.
"That's impressive, It really is. What about me?" Steve asked like a giddy little boy.
"You are very attentive during your conversation but everytime the past was brought up in some way even if it didn't directly relate to it your eyes would show a somber expression telling me that you feel guilt for what happened. You feel responsible for what happened even though you are completely innocent." You said looking at Steve as he lowered his head.
"It was my fault though I could've saved him but didn't. I could've found him sooner but didn't know." Steve said dejectedly.
"It was never your fault. Were you aware that SHIELD hid the fact that HYDRA had James? No you didn't. It's not your fault. You said, patting Steve's hand that was sitting on the table.
"Thank you, I needed that. It'll take awhile to come to terms with it but it's a step in the right direction I think." Steve said with a small smile.

You had given Steve a small smile in return before turning your attention back to the Chocolate ice cream. Bucky watched your interaction and smiled slightly seeing his girl and best friend bonding together.

The rest of the evening at the ice cream shop went exceptionally well and you got to know Steve a lot better as well.
"Alright breakfast club, let's hit the road." Tony said while clapping his hands.
"Just a sec Tony, gotta order Natasha and Bruce's milkshake before we leave." Clint said, jumping up from his seat making his way over to the counter where Scott stood.
"Hurry up Robin hood." Tony said, crossing his arms.
"Yeah,yeah." Clint rolled his eyes.
"See you next Tuesday tiny tot." Tony said while making his way outside to the Range Rover.
"Yes sir mr.Stark." Scott said while adjusting his posture to stand taller before turning around to make Natasha and Bruce's milkshake.

While Clint waited on the milkshake you, Bucky, Loki, Wanda and Steve made your way back to the Audi and got settled inside.
The car had a comfortable silence; there was no tension whatsoever.
As Steve started up the car and made his way back to the compound the hum of the car made you feel tired.
You gingerly laid your head on Bucky's shoulder.
He felt you shift your body closer to him and he looked down to make sure you were okay and saw your eyes fluttering closed as sleep consumed you. He very carefully moved his arm around you and brought you closer to his side.
You hummed in delight at the warmth of his body and snuggled into him even more before sleep fully consumed you.

"She is a strong and intelligent woman." Loki whispered out seeing you curled up into Bucky's side.
"She's wise too. Has a better understanding of others than most do." Steve said, looking in the rear view mirror and smiling when he saw you.
"She really is. You should see her when she's working at the cafe. She's so focused yet carefree when she's there." Bucky said while brushing some fallen hair off of your face.
"Her mind is strong as well. You've helped her a lot as well Sergeant Barnes." Loki said and Wanda nodded in agreement.
"She did that mostly on her own." Bucky said with pride.
"You need to acknowledge your own accomplishments as well." Wanda said, looking back at him from the passenger's seat.
"I try, I really do. Y/N always reminds me and praises me on tasks." Bucky said with a slight red tinge painting his cheeks.

The conversation began to drift off to different topics after that.
Bucky and Loki continued a conversation till Steve pulled into the basement of the compound.
"Should we wake her?" Wanda asked softly.
"It's okay. I'll just carry her up to our suite." Bucky said while unbuckling himself then you.
"Do you mind if I accompany you? I'd like to continue our conversation." Loki said
"That's perfectly fine." Bucky nodded before sliding his hand under your knees and the other supporting your back as he got you out of the car in a bridal pose.

The others had gone about their own ways in the compound while Bucky and Loki continued to converse the whole way back to the suite.
"Your children will be very lucky to have you and Y/N as parents." Loki said softly.
"You think so? I don't think I deserve it sometimes. When she first told me she was pregnant I was over the moon with joy. I was ready to start a family with her, but when the miscarriage happened I thought I was my fault thinking that I was a bad omen and death followed me everywhere I went." Bucky said sullenly.
"You are a doting partner and an amazing and compassionate father Sergeant Barnes." Loki said in a forceful tone trying to get his point across.
"Thank you Loki, and please call me Bucky." He said looking over at the tall man beside him.
"As you wish, Bucky." Loki said with a small smile and a pink tint playing on his pale skin.

At that moment the two men had found a friendship between one another.
They were both considered outcasts by society's standards and monsters but, there was one person that saw them as human and that person was you and each other.

Word Count: 1419