𝐢. CROSSED PATHS

SHOTO TODOROKI was a normally tolerant person, but that couldn't apply to the situation he was (technically forced to be) in. His heterochromatic eyes held a sense of pure fury and rage directed right at the red-haired man in front of him, who happened to be comfortably seated in his large office chair.

"You heard what I said, Shoto,", the scumbag of a man Todoroki was forced to acknowledge as his father spoke again. His voice was hoarse and commanding, and even the fearsome glare his dual haired son sent him wasn't enough to make Enji Todoroki back down on his statement. "Marry Kendo Itsuka."

Todoroki balled his fists and released them. Then he did it again. And again. Him being angered by his father's words wasn't an unusual occurrence for him, but he still had to try his best to cool down his boiling anger as the building of his company wasn't exactly the right place to start an argument. His employees would overhear, and he wasn't willing to let anyone know about his own personal life affairs.

So instead, he made an attempt at an emotionless expression, and asked with a voice thinly veiling his anger, "And might I know what the reason for that is?"

"She'll make you happy and distract you from all that overwork." He reasoned, and Todoroki examined him. His father's face was strangely nonchalant, seeming to not let even the slightest of an emotion show. A mask, Todoroki realized. He was masking his true intentions. Enji noticed the skeptical look on his son's face and finally gave in, allowing the mask to break, "And her family is quite well off as well. It would be profitable for our company."

And there it was. His true intentions.

Todoroki knew more than anyone that his father was an extremely power hungry man. He was willing to jump to any and all lengths just for the sake of his own pride and wealth. And forcing his son to be in an arranged marriage was one of those lengths apparently, which angered him even more.

It wasn't like he had anything against Kendo either. She was a well-mannered and respectful woman, and was able to follow her dreams of being a famous fashion designer, unlike him, who wasn't even able to grasp the concept of what dreams meant due to his father giving him intense training to be the perfect son at a young age. She was hired to design his suits for formal events sometimes, so they had to meet up every now and then.

But even if numerous women swarmed around him in hopes of marrying him for his handsome appearance and wealth, Todoroki was never interested in being in an actual relationship in the first place. He never considered it to be important in any way in his life.

That wasn't the main reason he couldn't think of marriage with Itsuka Kendo, though.

If he ended up marrying her, that would mean Todoroki was forced to follow in his father's footsteps. Being in an arranged marriage with someone he didn't even love only for the means of profiting off it. He had witnessed it all. He witnessed the pain that it brought his mother.