𝐱𝐢. ESCAPING REALITY

BEING FRIENDS with the lead guitarist of a famous band was surely interesting, Momo thought to herself as Kyoka burst in through the door and invited herself into her home, a guitar case strapped around her back. The raven haired girl gave her a displeased look and crossed her arms despite both of them knowing that she was happy to see her as well.

"You have a lot of nerve barging into my house uninvited," Kyoka just smiled smugly, paying no concern to her words, and reached in for a hug which Momo, although still pretending to be upset, returned almost immediately.

"Aw come on, you know you missed me."

Kyoka Jiro was the polar opposite of Momo. While Momo worked hard to keep a humble and respectful image, Kyoka refused to take anyone's shit and glared at almost everyone, save for the very few people that had garnered a soft spot in her ice cold heart. Dark purple hair, numerous piercings, heavy eyeliner - you could even go as far as to say she's a hardcore goth. She played exclusively the electric guitar and was a part of a popular band from which she had gained tons of fans. Even just her autograph could sell for hundreds of dollars.

It was almost shocking how someone like her could be best friends with Momo. They had met a little over five years ago in a deserted coffee shop where their personalities had immediately clicked. Ever since that point on, they kept in touch, Momo being there to support her all the way as Kyoka paved her way into the celebrity life. They rarely got to meet nowadays as Kyoka's schedule was often packed with concerts and whatnot, but that wouldn't stop them from being close.

"Whatever..." Momo was now unable to suppress the smile that made its way to her lips, breaking the hug to lead her purple haired friend into the living room of her small apartment. "How've you been, Kyoka?"

"Eh. Could be better, honestly.", she responded in an exhausted tone as she slumped onto the couch, filling Momo with concern.

Momo took this as a sign to whip up something for her guest right about now. "Being a worldwide celebrity is hard, huh?" She made her way behind the kitchen island. "Tea or coffee?"

"You bet hell it is." Kyoka sighed heavily, quickly following it up with, "And I want coffee, thanks."

Momo just nodded in understanding as she began to prepare her some coffee. Kyoka perked up from her seat, getting a good look at her best friend. "What about you? You said an old friend gave you a secretary position at his company or whatever."

She stopped in her tracks at the sudden mention of Todoroki. The man she was in a contractual relationship with.

"Oh, me? Yeah, everything's fine..." Technically, she wasn't lying, right? She just wasn't telling her everything.