𝐱𝐢𝐢. DIFFERENT WORLDS

ANXIETY BRIMMED in Momo's chest as she stood outside the concert venue, anxiously gripping the strap of her purse a little too tightly for her personal liking. Nonetheless, that was the least of her concerns at the moment.

Time passed in seconds, seconds turned into minutes. Before she knew it, the crowd bustling behind her had already dissipated until it was just a few people and her, waiting for a man that she knew she couldn't get her hopes up for. She knew, but it was hard to blame herself for being at least a little excited if she had to be completely honest.

Todoroki was an unpredictable person. It was impossible to know what went on in his mind. But ever since they met again for the first time in years, she had gotten to learn about his surprising charms that she didn't even know existed.

It was those charms that sparked a new curiosity within her. She wanted to truly know him and what kind of man he really was. And these past few weeks of spending time together had invoked a trust that she knew she felt with no one else except him.

She felt herself smile at just the thought of that.

Skin flushed and rosy from the cold, she shivered slightly from a passing breeze and knew she had to get inside soon.

The raven haired girl took her phone out of her purse. When she checked the time, her eyes lowered in disappointment, smile falling.

The concert had already started. And here she was, eagerly waiting outside for a man that didn't show up.

Of course this would be the case. She felt pathetic for letting herself believe that he would come. Todoroki was a busy CEO working for a large and successful company, of course he wouldn't have time to sit around with her in a concert.

Sighing softly, she put her phone back in her purse.

What was she even thinking in the first place?

Perhaps the idea that they had grown closer was all in her head.

Turning around dejectedly, she made her way inside the concert hall and stood in the middle of the crowd with an emotionless expression.

Her lower lip quivered as she tried to suppress her disheartened thoughts from taking over her headspace. It was already pointless, anyway. He must've had a reason for not coming, and as disappointing as it was, she was going to have to respect that.

Besides, after everything she dealt with in her life, Momo had grown to being used to taking disappointments. This wasn't any different. She wasn't going to convince herself otherwise.

She fixed her eyes on the stage in front of her, noticing Kyoka walk up to a microphone, guitar in hand. The corners of her lips turned up in a small, proud smile.