𝐱. ALONG THE SHORE

THERE WAS a moment of utterly baffled silence that occupied the room where Izuku Midoriya, a well known doctor and fairly successful for his age, deadpanned through his glasses at Todoroki who was sitting nonchalantly in his office chair.

"Shoto, I'm a doctor, not a psychologist.", the green haired man says with his voice bordering on a heavy sigh. Sometimes he wondered why he even tried to reason with Todoroki in the first place. "Surely you didn't schedule an appointment with me and bring me all the way here just to ask for relationship advice?"

"You sure have a big mouth for someone that's getting paid twice the original amount by me." Todoroki took a sip of his untouched coffee that had already begun to lose its steam, the lukewarm bitter substance cooling his throat. A condescending smile played on his lips which Midoriya just returned with a frown despite knowing his words were true.

"You may be right, and I'll forever be thankful, but you did that completely on your own accord. I never asked for it."

"Fair enough." He set his cup of coffee on his desk. "We've been doing this for years anyway. And this time I want to know how to make someone feel comfortable on a date."

The person sitting across him was a close friend of his who he had known for quite a while now. At some point they were in the same middle school and had kept strong connections ever since. As a doctor, Midoriya had actually helped him with his insomnia and gave him treatment which made things a lot easier for him. If Todoroki could trust anyone, it would definitely be him.

He raised a curious brow. "Where's all this coming from anyway? I never knew you were dating someone, Shoto."

"Well, it just happened, I guess." The dual haired man leaned back on his office chair, joining his hands together over his lap as he recalled Momo's words from that night.

"She said she... wanted me to choose a less expensive place for a date and that she felt uncomfortable."

Midoriya snorted, quickly covering his mouth to muffle his laughing. Todoroki shot him a pointed look.

After calming down, he finally spoke, still covering his mouth,

"As expected! Knowing you, you probably took her to one of those crazy expensive restaurants that nobody can afford!"

As he continued to laugh, Todoroki just stared at him blankly, which he soon noticed.

At this point, his laughter died down, both of them making a realization.

"Wait, you didn't seriously do that, right...?"

Silence.

"Was I not supposed to?"